Amigos Unidos Hispanics in Partnership
Amigos Unidos is offering educational opportunities in the form of scholarships to graduating high school seniors. The scholarships are funded by the Amigos Unidos Hispanics in Partnership, an employee resource group (ERG) at Lawrence Livermore National Lab (LLNL). Our interest is to provide financial assistance to encourage and help students achieve their educational goals.
Multiple awards are granted each year at $500 or more depending on the number of qualified applicants and the funds available.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior planning to attend a public or private accredited university, community college, approved vocational school, or approved trades apprenticeship full-time in Fall Semester/Quarter 2023.
- Applicant must reside in the following counties: Alameda, San Joaquin, Contra Costa, and Stanislaus.
- Applicant must attend high school in the following counties: Alameda, San Joaquin, Contra Costa, and Stanislaus.
- Applicant must hold a 2.50 or better GPA on a 4.00 scale.
- Each scholarship application package must contain the following:
- Response to the “Short Answer Question”
- Response to the “Essay” Question
- Official copy of high school transcript
- One letter of recommendation from someone involved in your academic life (teacher, professor, advisor, mentor, etc.). Letter cannot come from a friend or family member. Letter of recommendation must discuss topics such as your leadership, academic and personal achievement, maturity, motivation, self-confidence, and commitment. Note: If you are unable to obtain a letter of recommendation due to the end of the school year, please contact AmigosScholarship [at] llnl.gov (AmigosScholarship[at]llnl[dot]gov). Your teacher/coach/mentor is welcome to use an existing letter they wrote on your behalf for another scholarship.
- Applications will be accepted until June 30, 2023.
Incomplete packages will disqualify the applicant from consideration
- All applicants will be considered on an equal basis. Eligible graduating high school seniors, including children of LLNL employees, are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants will be evaluated on scholastic record, financial need, short question response, essay content and letter of recommendation.
- Selection of scholarship recipients will be made in early Aug. 2023.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements
Scholarship Recipients must provide an official “Proof of Enrollment” from your school’s Admissions and Records Office to Amigos Unidos for scholarship funds to be distributed.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Amigos Unidos Scholarship Chair
AmigosScholarship [at] llnl.gov (AmigosScholarship[at]llnl[dot]gov)