Computing Undergraduate Student Intern - Spring
Students | livermore, CA | 08/23/2022
Job Code: 705.1 Under Grad Student
Position Type: Student Intern
Security Clearance: None (however, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
Positions will be closed to applicants on November 30, 2022.
We have multiple openings for our Spring Undergraduate Internship Program taking place from January 1, 2023 to March 31, 2023.
Our openings are for undergraduate level students who will be given the opportunity to engage in practical research to further their educational goals. The selected interns will provide technical and/or research support to projects in the areas of computational science, cyber defense, computer science, numerical methods, mathematics, or other related fields.
In this role you will
- Provide technical and/or research support to projects in the areas of computational science, numerical methods, mathematics, or other related fields, working with scientists, engineers, and technical staff members.
- Participate in research in assigned area under close supervision.
- Gather and analyze data and information in support of scientific research.
- Participate in research planning and evaluation discussion.
- Attend relevant on-site seminars (at least one per week).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, or other related fields.
- Ability to apply basic computational science and/or mathematical principles to solve technical problems.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas.
- Experience working with computers and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
None required. However, if your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.) For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now