Cyber Support Technician
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 12/20/2022
Job Code: 525.2 Computer Support Technologist / 525.3 Sr Comp Support Technologist
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$36.50 - $47.28 Hourly for the 525.2 level
$43.78 - $56.70 Hourly for the 525.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Cyber Support Technician to provide basic cyber and technical support for multiple unclassified networks, standalone systems, security systems, user accounts and access and implementation of security controls. This position is in the Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division within the Computing Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the 525.2 or 525.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Perform user account access management and monitor component compliance for various networks and standalone systems.
- Provide Cyber Security Escort (CSE) service for IT staff or programmatic customers.
- Perform IT equipment evaluations and procurement recommendations.
- Inspect and document information systems to verify compliance.
- Manage unclassified and classified account approvals and process.
- Monitor and triage work queue requests.
- Interact with users on security issues related to hardware, application software, and operating systems.
- Maintain appropriate technology, computer security, and safety training and perform all assignments in accordance with policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the 525.3 Level
- Serve as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) role as the author and owner of comprehensive cyber security document packages.
- Provide advanced technical and computer security guidance and troubleshooting.
- Plan, design, and evaluate complex cyber security solutions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and flexibility to adjust to changing deadlines.
- Ability to execute sound judgments in a highly dynamic environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with customers and handling issues with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Software Suite.
- Basic troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, consistent follow-through to assure issue is resolved and policies and procedures are followed.
- Ability to consistently follow procedural guidelines.
Additional Qualifications at the 525.3 Level
- Experience developing and documenting work processes.
- Experience administering, troubleshooting, maintaining, repairing, and securing Windows and Mac hardware, software, applications and operating systems.
- Ability to write complex security plans, maintain component configurations, and inspect computer and network hardware.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with LLNL, DOE, and NNSA cyber security policies, procedures, and implementations.
- Knowledge of computer security concepts and practices for one or more common operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- Information security training.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Assistance
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now