A national resource for addressing nonproliferation challenges, noteworthy for developing innovative technical solutions
With globalization and the spreading availability of technologies, proliferation challenges continue to grow and evolve. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory works to stem proliferation by providing scientific and technological solutions and sound advice to counter emerging threats.
Working with the National Nuclear Security Administration and other government agencies, the Laboratory provides technical leadership to:
- Advance technologies to monitor and detect the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction worldwide.
- Limit or prevent the spread of materials, technology and expertise relating to weapons of mass destruction.
- Eliminate or secure inventories of surplus materials and infrastructure usable for nuclear weapons.
Featured Capabilities and Technologies
- An X-Ray Eye on Universes
- Nuclear Explosion Monitoring
- Supporting an Exercise of Global Importance
- Seismic Research Making Waves
- Promoting International Security Through Nuclear Forensics
- Particle Detection Technology With a New National Security Mission
- Radiochemistry Renaissance
- Tiny Silicon Pillars Can Detect Giant Threats
- A Solid Solution for Neutron and Gamma-Ray Differentiation
- An Improved Tool for Nuclear Forensics