California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) obligates covered businesses to disclose to Consumers at or before the point of collecting personal information, the categories of personal information to be collected and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used. We provide you this notice because under the CCPA, California residents who are job applicants, employees, or contractors of LLNS qualify as Consumers. For purposes of this Notice, when we refer to Consumers, we mean you to the extent you are a California employee, employee applicant, or contractor.
- Information That We Collect
In the course of your application for employment and any employment with LLNS, we may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Names, nicknames, postal addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, user names, and other unique identifiers.
- Education, professional, and work history.
- Related family or other personal data for individuals (other than employees) to be covered under or beneficiaries under a health or welfare benefit.
- Identifiers such as driver’s license number, social security number, passport number, visa information, banking account information, birthdate, passwords, and other unique identifiers.
- Biometric data such as fingerprints or thumbprints, or data related to physical measurements of handprints, thumbprints or fingerprints.
- Airline, rental car, and hotel account/membership information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
- How We Use or Disclose Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect from you or about you to do one or more of the following:
- To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to apply for a job or become an employee, we will use that personal information in connection with your employment or potential employment.
- For purposes related to your employment, including onboarding, conducting background and security checks, managing the employment relationship, including payment of wages, maintenance of time records, direct deposit authorizations, providing health and welfare benefits, withholding of taxes, arranging for business travel, reviewing motor vehicle driving records , arranging for travel, and preparing legally required records such as I-9 and EEO-1 forms.
- To contact you and to inform you about benefits or information relating to your employment or potential employment.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website and services relating to your employment or potential employment.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your information or account with us.
- We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, if we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with a valid legal request or to respond to claims asserted against us, or (iii) to respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity, or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability.
- How We Share Personal Information
LLNS may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose, including to our service providers. We disclose and share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers, including our recruiting platform, background check vendor and consumer reporting agencies, health and welfare benefits providers, and travel vendors.
- Third parties with whom you direct us to share your personal information, such as your bank for direct deposit authorizations.
- Government agencies, to the extent required by law, regulation, or Order.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time in accordance with applicable law. If we do so, we will post the revised Privacy Notice and update the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this page.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA and other law. LLNS does not sell, or permit its contractors or providers to sell, personal information.
- Contact Information
Employees with questions about this Privacy Notice should contact LLNL LAPIS/Career Site support at careers-help [at] llnl.gov
Last updated: December 3, 2020