Refine Search Clear All
Senior Java Developer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 08/22/2022
Job Code: SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
In this role you will:
- Contribute software development expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met.
- Design, code, implement, test, debug, maintain, and document software applications.
- Follow established software development standards and procedures and contribute towards their improvement.
- Research, develop and write complex high end, mission critical, role-based enterprise level web services.
- Prepare technical standards, provide technical advice and guidance, and collaborate with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
- Design applications in a microservice based architecture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration with concentration in Computer Information Systems or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in Java applications development such as Java, Hibernate, JPA, DI and Web Services.
- Significant experience with Angular, AngularJS, HTML5, and a basic understanding of CSS/SCSS.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with cross-browser testing and compatibility.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to work effectively with application developers, system programmers, and other technical staff.
- Prior experience with an API Gateway is desirable.
- Prior experience with AWS cloud is desirable.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now