Refine Search Clear All
Information Systems Application Developer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 06/18/2021
Job Code: 320.1 Computer Associate / 320.2 Senior Computer Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for experienced Information Systems Application Developers. You will provide support for all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, training, and maintenance for a wide variety of applications. As a member of the Applications and Information Management (AIM) Rapid Applications Development (RAD) Team, you will design and develop approaches to solutions, explore a variety of approaches within established practices and procedures, and recommend improvements to processes as appropriate. This position is in the Application, Simulations and Quality (ASQ) Division within the Computing Directorate reporting to the RAD Team Lead withing the WCI Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the 320.1 or 320.2 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Gather, analyze, and document new systems requirements and changes to existing systems. Formally document requirements.
- Develop detailed design specifications and test plans, as well as develop schema design and entity relationship models.
- Actively participate in code/design reviews.
- Develop and support a wide range of applications using Oracle Apex and/or FileMaker Pro.
- Adhere to established software development and data modeling design practices.
- Adhere to established software development project management and version release practices.
- Support and coordinate with team management and stake-holders prioritization of work.
- Engage other developers frequently to share relevant knowledge, opinions, and recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the 320.2 Level
- Independently lead requirements gathering, software design, schema development and testing; develop advanced technical solutions to complex problems.
- Apply highly advanced knowledge to use of development platforms and mentoring others.
- Collaborate with team lead in socializing work of team and growing visibility within WCI and LLNL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge and experience.
- Recent broad or in-depth knowledge and experience with a low-code application development platform such as FileMaker Pro or Oracle Apex, or other web development tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of standard database fundamentals.
- Ability to resolve user issues, data problems, and code defects.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively and present and explain technical information.
- Advanced teamwork skills with the ability to work independently within a technical team environment effectively.
- Advanced problem-solving skills; ability to find solutions to complex problems and to handle multiple priorities and tasks effectively.
Additional Qualifications at the 320.2 Level
- Significant experience developing applications in Oracle Apex, FileMaker Pro or like technologies, or other web development tools and technologies with a relational database back-end.
- Significant experience working independently and/or providing support for all phases of the software development life cycle.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now