Executive Assistant to the SD Deputy Director - Active Clearance Required
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 02/06/2024
Job Code: A03.4 Executive Assistant 4
Organization: Strategic Deterrence
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
$125,850 - $156,252 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an Executive Assistant to the Deputy Director for Strategic Deterrence (SD). You will provide a full range of advanced, diverse, and complex executive assistant services in a highly visible and fast-paced environment. You will serve as a direct point-of-contact and trusted confidante to the Deputy Director and will interface with a wide variety of internal and external personnel and stakeholders, including senior executives. This position is in the Strategic Deterrence Directorate.
In this role, you will
- Represent the Deputy Director in daily interactions to senior management and executives across the laboratory; and parent companies, the Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Department of Defense and other Federal agencies; other national laboratories and scientific organizations; academia; political leadership at all levels including Federal, State, and local; industry partners; and international colleagues amongst others.
- Independently set priorities when committing the Deputy Director’s time anticipating their needs; organize, coordinate, and manage highly complex and confidential calendars.
- Support the Deputy Director in all aspects of their challenging schedules and responsibilities to ensure success in every situation with steadfast integrity, ethics, grace, proficiency, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Utilize expert level skills to clarify, compile, coordinate, proof, format, edit, and finalize communications, taskings, and actions with sensitivity and flexibility, and disseminate information on behalf of the Deputy Director. Use strategic business models when assessing and responding to inquiries, prioritizing actions, following up, and ensuring resolution on a wide variety of issues.
- Conduct preliminary research as a key participant in strategic decision making; oversee requests for information; compile and coordinate institutional information; provide guidance on a variety of business, operational, and administrative matters; and at times represent the laboratory.
- Plan and manage a variety of internal and external meetings, including institutional reviews with senior management and complex technical reviews; develop agendas, identify, and coordinate meeting attendees and presentation materials; take and distribute meeting summary notes.
- Oversee and/or supervise the work of Executive Assistants, provide mentoring, and convene meetings.
- Arrange complex domestic and international travel and make complex itinerary adjustments as required.
- Initiate and compose original and sensitive correspondence, memoranda, reports, and agendas on behalf of the Deputy Director’s senior staff; manage and log complex and often confidential documents, including all incoming mail for the Deputy Director.
- Recognize, create, and implement plans to promote and foster a culture of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of extensive experience and education in a related business, operational and/or organizational area.
- Extensive experience providing executive assistant support to senior management/executives; experience representing senior management/executives to diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of Laboratory business, operations, and program/discipline organizations; demonstrated knowledge of external organizations at the local, State and National levels.
- Highly advanced executive assistant skills and experience including creation of initial documents, excellent grammar, proofreading, and editing skills; expert level skills and experience with modern office tools and software, including expertise in preparing presentations using PowerPoint or similar software and experience using Excel.
- Experience with strategic deliverables and actions that typically have institutional impact.
- Extensive experience and advanced communication skills to effectively interact and represent the office and Deputy Director with all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Excellent time and project management skills and ability to ensure accuracy, particularly when under pressure.
- Experience leading business, operational and organizational activities, participating in a variety of organizational projects and researching, interpreting, and applying a wide variety of policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Broad and extensive specialized knowledge of industry practices supporting C-level executives.
- Advanced organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced analytical skills as well as the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex problems in a rapidly changing environment, using a high degree of mature judgment, discretion, and tact.
- Extensive knowledge of appropriate handling of sensitive and/or classified documents and protection; experience working effectively with sensitive issues and exercising judgment and discretion.
- Experience implementing plans that promote and value inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability principles in the workplace.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2024 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now