Electronics Engineering Technical Associate - Active Security Clearance Required
Engineering | livermore, CA | 01/11/2024
Job Code: 337.1 Engineering Technical Assoc
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$113,790.00 - $141,276.00 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an Electronics Engineering Technical Associate to support the Weapon Technologies & Engineering Program’s Detonator Surveillance and Enhanced Assessments Group (DSEAG) at the High Explosives Applications Facility (HEAF). You will provide electronics and software programming technical leadership and support for various testers, labs, and support equipment. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED) supporting the Strategic Deterrence (SD) Principal Directorate.
- Provide leadership to all technologists supporting DSEAG activities.
- Provide software engineering support (LabVIEW) to modify existing programs and/or create new programs for testers, data acquisition systems, and other support equipment in accordance with LLNL Institutional Software Quality Assurance (SQA) and DSEAG Quality Implementing Procedures (QIPs).
- Propose new electronics tester designs to replace obsolete systems.
- Provide design, evaluation, review, fabrication, oversight, testing, assembly, quality policy implementation, and documentation of various projects.
- Provide input for detailed plans, schedules, and budgets for project activities.
- Provide oversight, technical guidance, and direction to technicians, making frequent decisions using a high degree of independent discretion and judgement.
- Initiate, prepare, and lead design reviews, meetings, and other briefings where concepts are determined and designs are refined.
- Provide operational support to DSEAG, including authoring and/or following detailed technical procedures, completing explosives handler training, and completing related on-the-job training.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, technical personnel, facility engineers, facility safety personnel, and technicians both inside and outside the work group on both an individual and team basis in support of the program, communicating clearly and concisely
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge and experience with computer systems and programming languages (LabVIEW).
- Advanced knowledge in electronic engineering design, fabrication, and/or assembly, including theory.
- Experience conducting and/or participating in engineering design reviews. Experience participating in electronic systems operations and design, analyzing results, writing reports, writing detailed procedures, and/or making presentations.
- Experience developing conceptual designs of electronic systems; designing, implementing, and/or testing prototypes; and experience with the associated tools and diagnostics.
- Experience with project planning, budgeting, and resource planning.
- Effective interpersonal skills and experience working both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a schedule-driven environment.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills with proven ability to present concepts and ideas in a clear and articulate manner for presentation and interaction with technical and scientific staff.
- Ability to complete explosives handler training.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working with classified materials, documentation, and/or experimental data.
- Experience working with high explosives and their associated initiation systems.
- Knowledge of NNSA NAP 401.1A requirements.
- Familiarity with configuration management, engineering authorizations, and controlled documentation management.
- Experience with streak cameras. Experience with Photon Doppler Velocimetry (PDV).
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2024 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
How to identify fake job advertisements
Please be aware of recruitment scams where people or entities are misusing the name of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to post fake job advertisements. LLNL never extends an offer without a personal interview and will never charge a fee for joining our company. All current job openings are displayed on the Career Page under “Find Your Job” of our website. If you have encountered a job posting or have been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond.
To learn more about recruitment scams: https://www.llnl.gov/sites/www/files/2023-05/LLNL-Job-Fraud-Statement-Updated-4.26.23.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.