Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 03/16/2023
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$123,960.00 - $166,992.00 Annually for the SES.2 level
$148,650.00 - $200,328.00 Annually for the SES.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Dot Net Developer to support a variety of software development assignments. You will work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment focusing on tool development and automation for Microsoft technologies. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) within the Computing Directorate in support of the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Workforce Enablement Team.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Employ moderately complex software engineering methods to gather functional requirements, provide input and status for project tracking, conduct systems analysis, prototype using appropriate tools, and follow proven software and quality assurance methodologies.
- Design, build and maintain a variety of broadly defined technologies and development techniques working with team members.
- Provide knowledge sharing/mentoring with team members to implement system enhancements.
- Buy-vs-build analysis and support selection, deployment and integration of COTS packages in collaboration with management, customers and team members.
- Mentor team members on software engineering methods, code design, and development.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of technical projects and organizational objectives functioning as an effective team member on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.3 level
- Manage multiple advanced parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team member’s skills.
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain software systems using object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Develop tools and procedures to improve monitoring infrastructures services and automate various complex tasks.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with enterprise software development utilizing the DOTNET platform.
- Knowledge and experience with relational database design principles.
- Broad experience with IDE such as Visual Studio, Rider or VS-code.
- Proficient interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate as part of a cohesive development team working with multiple customers and organizations simultaneously with time constraints and present and explain technical information to others.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience in designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining software systems using object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Advanced ability to provide innovative approaches and apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills for complex problems.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience supporting/integrating Microsoft applications, such as Active Directory, MS PKI, Azure or Office 365.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS.
- Experience with source code control systems such as Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio Team Services, Azure DevOps or Git.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.