Senior VoIP, Web Conferencing, and VTC Specialist
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 03/16/2023
Job Code: 525.3 Sr Comp Support Technologist
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$43.78 - $56.70 Hourly
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a VoIP, Web Conferencing, and Video Teleconferencing Specialist. You will be supporting the Unified Communications environment, including Webex, VoIP technology, classified and unclassified video teleconferences, and live hybrid events. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) working as part of the LivIT Workforce Enablement Team within the Computing Directorate.
- Provide effective and efficient customer service and support with the ability to multi-task.
- Provide advanced technical guidance to the local and remote users in support of all Unified Communications (UC) Services, including coordinate with far-end locations to schedule, configure and connect VTCs.
- Create, document, escalate, and track concise tickets through ServiceNow.
- Write advanced technical articles, solutions and how-to documentation for technical support and end users.
- Establish connections with a variety of far-end locations/agencies utilizing the appropriate communications networks and bridges.
- Operate VTC equipment to include Polycom, Cisco, and other equipment.
- Facilitate video conferences and monitor equipment performance during VTC sessions.
- Troubleshoot connection issues and work with the technical support personnel as needed to resolve the issues.
- Develop solutions to resolve complex problems, collaborating with technical personnel.
- Communicate effectively with various levels of management, vendors, and technical personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Test and pilot new UC services and tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associate Degree in a Computer or Engineering related field or equivalent combination of technical training and extensive experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with customers to resolve problems and recommend original solutions to VoIP, collaboration tools, web conferencing, and/or video teleconferencing issues.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Cisco UC tools, such as Jabber, Webex, Webex Meetings, Cisco IP desk phones and other IP conferencing endpoints or equivalent technologies.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact and to employ a high degree of flexibility and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with a high degree of independence or as part of a team.
- Significant coordination and organization skills, including coordination of activities with multiple components requiring independent follow-through.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience using the ServiceNow (or similar) ticket management tool as well as writing knowledge base or training articles.
- Extensive experience working at an enterprise or large service desk.
- Experience working in classified environments.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.