Global Security Field Intelligence Element Administrator
Administrative | livermore, CA | 03/15/2023
Job Code: A07.4 Service Operations Spec 4
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance) with Sensitive Compartmented Information access
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
$122,250 - $158,352 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for the Field Intelligence Element (FIE) Administrator to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment within the Global Security’s (GS) Directorate. You will be a member of the FIE management team that assists the FIE Director with oversight, compliance, protection and support of all intelligence and intelligence-related activities at LLNL. You will be responsible for personnel management, space and resource management, facility maintenance and logistics, operations support, coordination and deconfliction of programmatic activity, the liaison between all LLNL administrative and programmatic management regarding projects, staffing needs, and infrastructure needs.
In this role, you will
- Responsible for the management of the day-to-day business operations regarding employee engagement, FIE administration and overall business operations. Manage workforce and ensure compliance with requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Provide high-level facilitation and collaboration with LLNL managers to achieve long-range business operations goals, participating in all aspects of workforce planning, business operational issues, and strategic planning activities.
- Oversee, direct, develop, implement and lead various personnel functions, workforce planning, staff development, performance management, and diversity programs. Provide guidance, training, and mentoring to personnel in all classifications.
- Using expert knowledge of functional area and comprehensive knowledge of related areas assesses and develop courses of action related to business and/or organizational strategies, practices, initiatives, requirements, and deliverables.
- Manage budget and determine appropriate staffing levels to provide attainable administrative, operations and service support as needed.
- Partner with the FIE Director on long-range personnel management, operations, administrative and strategic planning to establish and ensure Laboratory’s missions, goals and work activities are met.
- Manage an administrative leadership team within several areas, oversee and advise on a broad range of functions, including staffing levels, recruiting and hiring, corrective actions, and employee relations.
- Analyze and interpret HR requirements/guidance and determine and pursue courses of action to obtain results. Investigate and recommend appropriate courses of action to managers and supervisors on administrative and personnel matters.
- Develop and implement plans to promote culture, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire and the ability to obtain and maintain a SCI level access.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of extensive experience and education in a related business, operational and/or organizational area.
- Significant experience responding to Management and/or Sponsor needs, requests and issues.
- Significant experience in personnel functions for a large, diverse organization, interpreting and applying a wide variety of personnel policies and procedures to complex situations with in-depth knowledge and understanding of recruiting, hiring, performance management, staff relations practices, and HR compliance requirements (e.g., FLSA, ADA, EEO).
- Extensive supervisory experience with leadership and teambuilding skills to effectively build, lead, and manage an effective business and operations support team.
- Significant analytical, research, and complex-problem-solving skills to independently and successfully resolve unique and highly complex problems. Extensive experience participating in strategic planning activities.
- Experience working on a variety of institutional or cross-organizational activities and projects.
- Experience managing budgets and staffing levels.
- Experience managing a diverse group of non-exempt and exempt staff and directing performance and salary management.
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to diplomatically explain, negotiate, persuade and lead staff and management through conflict resolution in order to obtain consensus on complex personnel and administrative actions.
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to diversity and fostering an inclusive and equitable organization.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience using LLNL administrative systems such as: SmartRecruiters, HR Personnel Database, LTRAIN, TIME, and other relevant administrative systems.
- Experience working in Intelligence Community.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Please note that your current active Q or Top Secret clearance with DOE or another agency does not guarantee DOE SCI access approval; if you are denied access, you may be subject to reinvestigation of your existing Q or Top Secret Clearance.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now