Enterprise Risk Management Officer
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 09/07/2022
Job Code: TSS.4 Technical Services & Ops MTS 4
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
The Mission Assurance Directorate has an opportunity for an Enterprise Risk Management Officer to mature and manage the Laboratory’s framework with respect to risk oversight. You will work with Lab managers, executives, engineers, scientists, and U.S. Government Department of Energy personnel. This role requires the ability to maintain performance under pressure, exhibit sound judgment and sensitivity to organizational dynamics, and to provide confident proactive guidance to leadership and stakeholders. This position is a new position within the Office of Laboratory Oversight within the Director’s Office.
In this role you will
- Champion Enterprise Risk Management at LLNL. Manage and provide leadership for the LLNL Enterprise Risk Management Program by developing and implementing clear policies and procedures to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), using independent judgment and considerable latitude to establish and accomplish goals.
- Work collaboratively with managers and subject matter experts across the Laboratory to develop their Institutional risks, and ensure they are entered into the risk register which is your primary tracking and communication tool.
- Perform duties that consist of a diverse range of highly complex problems with work scope that involves parallel tasks requiring the resolution of conflicting priorities among competing resources within the program.
- Build relationships and influence decision making with multi-level stakeholders, including the Livermore Field Office, corporate partners, senior management, and cross-functional teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on highly advanced concepts and large projects that involve long-term goals and objectives, strategy, and vision.
- Communicate issues and performance trends or analysis results to Laboratory leadership and stakeholders and may brief senior management on overall impact and approach.
- Contribute to the development of creative solutions, principles and ideas related to the assigned work and could directly impact the organization in significant ways.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or other related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant knowledge, and extensive experience working, Enterprise Risk Management, developing and implementing Risk Management frameworks and performance metrics.
- Expert communication to deliver information at all levels of the organization with different types of personnel and communication styles in a tactful, professional, influencing, motivating manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Extensive experience understanding, interpreting, and retrieving needed information from data sources, policies, procedures, laws, regulations, terminology, schedules, and personnel.
- Extensive experience in collecting and analyzing performance data, ability to review and report institutional performance against an organization’s strategy.
- Expert level application and development in providing sound strategic and technical advice to management.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations to senior management and other leadership.
Qualifications We Desire
- M.S., M.B.A., or other advanced degree in field that relates to Risk Management.
- Experience working with the DevonWay Platform and ERM module.
- Knowledge of Federal Government Contractor Assurance systems.
- Experience with Oversight organizations.
- Expert knowledge of requirements and functions (including DOE Orders and LLNL Policies) that impact the LLNL Contractor Assurance program.
$135,240 - $236,760/year. Actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.