Refine Search Clear All
Internal Audit Manager
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 05/10/2022
Job Code: AMC.1 Administrative Manager 1
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Internal Audit Manager. You will be responsible for leading a team of Internal Auditors to deliver Oversight through the conduct of Audit Services at LLNL. This position will report directly to the Chief Audit Executive (CAE) and is part of the Independent Audit and Ethics Directorate (IAED).
In this role you will
- Establish work plans, delegate assignments, manage schedules, set and communicate performance expectations, utilize a comprehensive annual Risk Assessment to inform and build an annual Audit Plan for LLNL suitable to gain approval by the Livermore Field Office (LFO) Contracting Officer (CO), and Lawrence Livermore National Security (LLNS) Ethics & Audit (E&A) Committee; directing and supervising the work of Internal Auditors and professional staff to support the timely completion of all LLNL audits on the approved Audit Plan; and ensuring that the audit work meets relevant professional standards.
- Develop and implement strategic priorities and policies, methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for Independent Audit and participate and promote the development and implementation of determined LLNL and IAED Goals and Objectives.
- Participate in representing LLNL by serving as an institutional spokesperson for audit issues with respect to initiatives, forums, councils, and/or with outside review committees or agencies (including DOE elements) through routine interactions and reporting of Internal Audit activity.
- Interact with LLNL executives, managers and subject matter experts from across the institution, and high-level external customers regarding audit matters of significance to the Laboratory. In the absence of the CAE and as so delegated, lead the LLNL Internal Audit mission. Work as a key advisor to management on broad audit issues covering multiple areas. Collaborate across functional lines within the Laboratory on audit issues through professional and candid interaction.
- Ensure compliance with the timely and accurate filing of Internal Audit reports as set forth by DOE elements, LLNS stakeholders and the LLNL Management & Operations (M&O) contract.
- Provide timely data and reports to the CAE for briefings to management, LLNS and/or other entities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field.
- Significant managerial experience as demonstrated by progressive levels of increasing management responsibility of programs and personnel.
- Extensive experience developing, planning and performing Performance and Contract audits.
- Expert in identifying process risks, documenting audit results, and formalizing audit reports suitable for dissemination to key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience managing and administering, accounting standards.
- Proven problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills necessary to independently advise, recommend, and resolve highly complex problems having Lab-wide impact.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills necessary to present, direct, negotiate, and influence at all levels of staff and high levels of management.
- At least one professional designation: Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership (QIAL); Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA); Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA)
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of LLNL personnel, business and financial management policies and practices.
- Experience or strong familiarity with US Federal Government agencies and processes.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS)
- Familiarity with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- Familiarity with Teammate+ audit software
- Expertise in the use of Data Analytics in auditing
- Additional professional designations: Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership (QIAL); Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM); Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA).
- Advanced degree(s): Master of Business Administration (MBA); Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA); Master of Laws (LLM); Juris Doctor (JD)
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.