Refine Search Clear All
Stockpile Surveillance Business Analyst
Engineering | livermore, CA | 03/29/2022
Job Code: E01.2 Business Analyst 2 / E01.3 Business Analyst 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Stockpile Surveillance Business Analyst to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will facilitate the effective operation of Product Realization Teams (PRTs) supporting surveillance evaluations of the nuclear weapons stockpile. You will also support LLNL design agency stockpile surveillance processes at-large, developing, maintaining, tracking, and supporting improvements to related business processes and operations. You will collaborate with cross-functional staff toward effectively executing programmatic objectives, and regularly report to management on status as well as any recommendations. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate and supports the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Participate with stockpile surveillance Product Realization Teams (PRTs) and support technical staff in generating and delivering documentation that adheres to NNSA and LLNL business practices and quality assurance requirements.
- Track qualification status of all LLNL surveillance processes; develop out-year plans and priorities for process evaluations and improvements in coordination with technical staff and management.
- Contribute to the development of PRT Engineering Evaluation (EE) Requirements and provide support as needed for EEs on-site at production agencies.
- Maintain complete stockpile surveillance process schedule, communicate deadlines with staff, support deliverables, and report status to PRTs and management.
- Develop working proficiency for matters of DPBPS, NAP-401.1, and WCI/WTE quality assurance requirements, closely collaborate with the DTED Weapons Production Group (WPG), and provide consultation, guidance, and training to technical staff.
- Serve as an effective liaison between cross-functional stakeholders of stockpile surveillance – including production agency personnel as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the E01.3 level
- Support advanced analyses of LLNL’s ongoing stockpile surveillance end-to-end process map and identify prioritized areas for improvements.
- Lead complex projects by developing new and improving existing, stockpile surveillance tools and processes.
- Develop programmatic documents such as reports, decision memos, external responses, and action items.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience developing business process documentation and training materials.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze business processes and identify, develop, and implement improvements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary internal and external staff, including various levels of leadership.
- Effective interpersonal skills to train others and influence toward positive outcomes.
- Ability to travel (up to 10%).
Additional qualifications at the E01.3 level
- Experience leading complex analyses and designs of business processes.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment given general task definition and respond to changing priorities as required.
- Experience taking initiative to lead and develop innovative improvements to business processes.
- Project management skills including working with schedules, cost estimates, and cross-functional teams.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience working in the nuclear weapons complex and with LLNL’s operations and business processes.
- Knowledge of NNSA’s Defense Programs Business Process Systems, NAP-401.1, and LLNL quality assurance procedures.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.