Refine Search Clear All
Administrator for Nuclear Materials - Active Security Clearance Required
Administrative | livermore, CA | 10/14/2021
Job Code: A01.1 Business Operations Spec 1
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
The Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate has an opening for an Administrator to directly support the Associate Program Director for Nuclear Materials and the Deputy Associate Program Director for Nuclear Materials, as well as provide back-up support to the Nuclear Materials Technology Program. You will be an integral member of a highly dynamic office and will work with management to track deliverables and respond to our stakeholders. Interactions will be at all levels of management both internal and external to WCI and the Laboratory, to include NNSA local and headquarters and various NNSA sites. Come join our administrative team. This position will report to a PADO Administrator.
In this role you will
- Represent management and serve as a resource in daily routine matters; serve as a resource on organizational policies and procedures. Independently answer inquiries, make appropriate referrals, follow through on requests and interpret institutional and organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing, and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of meetings/reviews with multiple attendees.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination and arrange foreign and domestic travel to include complex itineraries and appropriate security clearance transfers.
- Independently compose administrative material and/or correspondence of a sensitive nature for signature.
- Establish and maintain databases, spreadsheets and tracking/filing systems.
- Process classified documents and reports with a short turnaround to be distributed internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Gather information from various sources, compile data and prepare complex reports and presentations with short turnaround.
- VTR Custodian managing the day-to-day operations of the VTR and participating in required audits and assessments
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Experience coordinating work activities and multi-faceted internal processes.
- Experience working on organizational projects and ability to understand, interpret, and apply related policies and procedures.
- Strong administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Effective organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under limited supervision, in an environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to identify and make recommendations for administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging domestic and/or foreign travel.
- Advanced experience compiling, tracking, monitoring, resolving, and reporting data and results with advanced organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling complex business sensitive and classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Demonstrated advanced customer service skills and advanced written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of personnel in a scientific environment.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now