Refine Search Clear All
Document Coordinator - Active Clearance Required
Engineering | livermore, CA | 10/13/2021
Job Code: E01.1 Business Analyst 1 / E01.2 Business Analyst 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for Weapons Production Group (WPG) Document Coordinators to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work independently following established procedures to assess business, operational and organizational requirements and deliverables, and apply general knowledge of policies, procedures and practices to develop, approve, and implement administrative and operational activities. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED)/Weapon Technologies and Engineering Program (WTE).
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Work independently for the Weapons Production Group (WPG) to oversee quality control documentation process for WTE projects within the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE).
- Work as part of a Document Coordinator team, assist in the administration of the Windchill configuration management (CM) release process by monitoring the high volume of Engineering Authorizations (EAs), text and graphic drawings electronic release workflows.
- Coordinate with team members adhering to strict formatting standards and procedures to produce quality technical documents for release submittal and incorporate document mark-ups using Microsoft Word and EA applications in accordance with prescribed formatting policies and procedures.
- Provide consistent follow-up, complete work accurately and thoroughly. Quickly adapt to changing environment, frequent interruptions, and changing priorities.
- Prioritize daily workflow, delegate, and manage distribution of workload on daily basis to ensure documents are ready when needed. Carry out multiple tasks without loss of effectiveness.
- Interact regularly with NSE contacts at the design and production agencies.
- Assist Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Management with EA workflow/process, understanding how EAs, text & graphic drawings are released using Enterprise Lifecycle Management (ELM), NSE Hub & PRIME/IMS processes while adhering to strict business and technical constraints for Defense Programs Business Process Systems (DPBPS).
- Ensure correct LLNL Production Operations reporting for WPG performance statistics and WTE Quality Assurance Manager metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the E01.2 level
- Gather and analyze data to evaluate requirements and specifications to ensure accuracy on quality control documentation and process flow.
- Coordinate resolution of data quality issues and communicate impacts of new and/or modified data requirements to affected stakeholders. Serve as point of contact for resolving Nuclear Security Enterprise Hub issues related to product definition release process.
- Contribute to development and implementation of quality control documents and reports and participate in off-site testing which may require travel at times.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience using MS Office business applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and various databases.
- Knowledge and understanding of classified document control, email, and computing procedures.
- Understanding of standards, procedures, and techniques related to quality control of documents.
- Experience interfacing with multi-level personnel and communicating technical information to users.
- Ability to use discretion and problem-solving skills to resolve issues.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work as a team, recommending and communicating process improvements.
- Experience with multi-tasking in a dynamic work environment under time constraints with general task definition and changing priorities.
- Ability to travel.
Additional qualifications at the E01.2 level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience gathering and analyzing quality control data for accuracy and completeness to ensure all requirements are met and experience working independently or part of a team in developing quality control documentation and reports.
- Experience providing and/or defining process flow and conducting comprehensive assessments to meet quality control milestones.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of Defense Programs Business Process Systems (DPBPS).
- Knowledge and experience in nuclear weapons program stockpile systems, components, classified materials, experimental data, and related diagnostic and testing equipment.
- Knowledge of Windchill and Enterprise Lifecycle Management (ELM).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.