Refine Search Clear All
Craft and Skilled Labor | livermore, CA | 09/13/2021
Job Code: 805.2 Laborer II
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
Re-posted position. Originally posted on May 21, 2021. Previous candidates need not reapply.
We have an opening for a Laborer ll. You will perform skilled and advanced laborer duties such as asbestos removal and lead abatement. You will operate heavy equipment for maintenance, repair, and construction of buildings, streets, and grounds. This position is in the Maintenance Production Division of the Infrastructure Maintenance & Utilities Department.
In this role you will
- Perform skilled labor duties in the construction, maintenance, abatement, clean-up, and repair of buildings, streets, fences, and grounds.
- Perform skilled labor duties in the operation of heavy equipment (Class "B" and "C" type motor vehicles, forklifts, street sweepers, dumpster trucks, etc.) used in building and maintaining of roads, fire trails, parking lots and associated drainage, digging trenches for utilities and excavating for structural foundations.
- Performs cement finishing and setting forms, asphalt work repairs overlays and new construction of roadways, walkways, parking lots and paths.
- Perform pre-inspection and safe use of all plant equipment and tools of the trade.
- Prepare standard reports, permit requirements, deficiency forms and service/work requests. Input time daily and complete training courses using a personal computer and/or mobile devices.
- Responsible for performing tasks in accordance with Environmental, Safety, and Health (ES&H) regulations and procedures, fulfilling all integrated safety, security, and property management responsibilities, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills, knowledge and abilities in skilled labor tasks and experience performing journey level skilled labor duties.
- Experience with the use and operation of heavy equipment used to maintain, repair and install buildings, roads, fire trails, parking lots, and associated drainage, digging trenches for utilities, excavating for structure, foundations, hauling earth, gravel and contaminated materials, and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Experience in cement finishing and setting forms, asphalt work repairs, overlays and new construction of roadways, walkways, parking lots and paths.
- Experience performing routine tasks, such as cleaning and preparing the worksite and unloading materials. Basic skills in the application of ES&H laws and regulations.
- Effective customer service, interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact effectively with others.
- Proven ability to effectively write reports and complete forms. Knowledge of computers and mobile devices for preparing reports, work orders, completing forms, training and timekeeping.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Class B Driver's License within six months of hire. Ability to become medically qualified to wear protective equipment, and ability to work in confined spaces.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
The Laboratory performs a variety of work, including some that may fall under Davis Bacon Act requirements. When work scope falls under this Act, the Laboratory complies with the prevailing wage requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.