Refine Search Clear All
Central Alarm Station (CAS) Supervisor - Active Security Clearance Required
Security | livermore, CA | 09/08/2021
Job Code: 653.3 CAS Operator Supervisor
Organization: Security Organization
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Not applicable
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Central Alarm Station (CAS) Supervisor. You will provide first-line supervision, training and instruction to CAS operators. You will be required to work either day, swing or owl shifts. This position is in the Protective Force Division (PFD) within the Security Organization (SO).
In this role you will
- Supervise and direct CAS operators which consists of personnel management, performance management, preparation and approval of performance appraisals, career development; vacation request approval for all shifts, review and approve timecards and absence requests including corrections or discrepancies, in collaboration with the CAS group leader.
- Provide guidance to CAS operators and protective force operations on shift operations, unusual occurrences on site, emergency response situations, limited scope performance testing, work area inspections to identify potential unsafe conditions and provide solutions to resolve problems. Ensure environmental safety and health standard compliance. Investigate complaints from customers and recommend appropriate action.
- Develop schedules to ensure staffing requirements are met; quickly resolve staffing shortages and schedule on-call personnel.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Department of Energy (DOE)/LLNL/SO/PFD orders, policies, procedures, and frequently changing requirements; ensure subordinate employees meet these requirements.
- Initiate, prepare and review various reports, documents, rosters, and auditable records (e.g., CAS daily operations reports, incident reports, duress checks) in accordance with established procedures.
- Lead, develop and implement the CAS training program; conduct initial and sustainment training; submit documentation to the SO Training Group; create and conduct limited scope performance tests; conduct new and refresher emergency management training; manage and supervise CAS training team/program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire
- Experience supervising others and ability to work independently and accomplish objectives with creativity and minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to understand and execute verbal and written instructions effectively.
- Effective interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and to apply sound and mature judgment and a high degree of discretion when dealing with routine and non-routine personnel and/or diversity issues.
- Experience exercising patience, tact, and courtesy when dealing with a wide variety of people and to perform effectively in stressful and/or emergency situations.
- Demonstrated advanced skills and experience with computer technology, radio systems, and/or emergency response dispatching. Experience working cooperatively and effectively with coworkers under periods of intense activity.
- Demonstrated effective team building, motivation, problem solving and decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to successfully complete the basic CAS academy, basic instructor training, and appropriate CAS-related refresher training.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of DOE orders, PFD policies and procedures, and LLNL policies and procedures.
- Experience conducting self-assessments; analyzing results, writing reports, writing detailed procedures, and/or making presentations.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.