Refine Search Clear All
PTSD Physical Security Specialist - Active Security Clearance Required
Security | livermore, CA | 09/08/2021
Job Code: J01.2 Business Unit Security Spec 2 / J01.3 Business Unit Security Spec 3
Organization: Security Organization
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Physical Security Specialist. In this role you will serve as a point-of-contact and resource to LLNL employees, independently perform a wide variety of physical and technical security functions to ensure compliance with Department of Energy (DOE) security standards. This position is within the Security Organization (SO).
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Analyze construction drawings and blueprints and provide pre-construction advice to ensure compliance with DOE/LLNL physical and technical security requirements.
- Write basic security plans and make security recommendations on appropriate course of action to management.
- Participate in audits of existing facilities, security barriers, lighting, access control points, construction projects and security systems to ensure work is conducted in compliance with DOE/LLNL physical and technical security directives.
- Identify and provide input on the development of security criteria for downgrading/upgrading the security status of facilities
- Review, evaluate, and assist with the development of implementation plans for DOE Physical Security Orders, manuals and other directives relating to physical security.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in self-assessments. Compile data and report findings to management, collaborate on solutions and initiate corrective action.
- Develop detailed and descriptive reports, plans, and correspondence to identify physical and technical security requirements for customers. Coordinate design, installation, database map configuration and acceptance testing of new and modified security alarm stations. Serve as an Argus Security Administrator, implementing Argus station configurations, managing access lists, and generating log reports.
- Interact with all levels of the NNSA/Laboratory Field Office, Laboratory management, project managers, engineers, construction managers and inspectors regarding physical security requirements for new and existing facilities at LLNL and Site 300.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the J01.3 level
- Review and approve physical security requirements, drawings and specifications, and assess security systems; write complex security plans; manage information security needs and requirements in Laboratory programs.
- Serve as a Team Lead and SME for Physical Security requirements across both S200 and S33. Resolve security problems with little precedent involving independent analysis and application of DOE/LLNL security requirements/guidelines; make recommendations on appropriate course of action to management.
- Conduct inspections and cost/risk benefit analyses and reviews; interpret results and apply concepts, methods and techniques to the development and implementation of policies, procedures, methods and practices for a security discipline(s) and/or specific to LLNL programs/directorates. May lead implementation activities and monitor results.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire
- Bachelor’s degree in a security or related discipline or equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- Working knowledge and experience applying government regulations and/or orders, policies, procedures and security practices, regulatory requirements, techniques, standards, processes and systems for protective force operations.
- Experience applying a variety of physical, industrial, or technical security concepts and principles to solve problems and monitor compliance in a regulatory environment.
- Experience conducting self-assessments and participating in audits for a specific area within a security discipline, interpreting results, analyzing data and preparing reports, identifying discrepancies, and recommending, initiating, and monitoring corrective actions. Experience with impact analysis reports to develop implementation plans and budgets.
- Experience interpreting security requirements, reading architectural blueprints/ drawings, and creating procedures or implementation plan
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting to research and analyze and present alternative approaches and develop sound solutions to complex problems.
- Organizational skills to independently determine and set priorities and to effectively manage completion of multiple projects and assignments in a timely manner. Efficient computer skills entering / exporting data across various databases and spreadsheets.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to interact with diplomacy and tact with a wide variety of personnel and disciplines internal and external to the Laboratory.
Additional qualifications at the J01.3 level
- Complete knowledge, understanding, and experience applying DOE practices policies, and security principles, advanced regulatory requirements, techniques, standards, processes, concepts, practices, and systems for more than one area within a security discipline.
- Experience conducting self-assessments and interpreting audit requirements for multiple areas within a security discipline.
- Experience conducting risk assessment and root cause analysis.
- Experience working as a Team Lead and SME for Physical Security requirements at an enterprise organization
Qualifications We Desire
Experience applying LLNL/DOE security principles, practices, and policies.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.