Refine Search Clear All
Subcontract Analyst II
Supply Chain | livermore, CA | 09/07/2021
Job Code: F04.2 Subcontracts Analyst 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Subcontract Analyst II. You will perform a variety of procurement and subcontracting activities, including soliciting, negotiating most favorable terms, awarding, and administering purchase orders and subcontracts in accordance with applicable policies and procedures. You will interact with suppliers, various internal departments, and customers. This position is in the Supply Chain Management Department in the Business Directorate.
In this role you will
- Assist/guide the development of work scope descriptions, technical specifications, drawings and overall acquisition planning with Laboratory scientists, engineers and vendors, review requisitions, select appropriate form of subcontract, identify prospective sources, participate in vendor surveys, prepare, and issue solicitations, and act as a liaison between Laboratory personnel and industry.
- Negotiate, award, and administer simple to moderately complex and/or usual purchase orders and makes recommendations through all phases of subcontract performance including closeout, with management oversight. (Particular emphasis on Memorandum Purchase Orders (MPO) and Labor-Hour Task Orders.
- Assist requesting organizations with procurement final work scope descriptions, reviews requisitions, selects appropriate form of subcontract, identifies prospective bidders, prepares and issues purchase orders and solicitations.
- Apply, interpret, and ensure compliance with established procurement policies, procedures, business ethics, and processes, including those that are multi-faceted and may require in-depth analysis.
- Analyze data with multiple factors and criteria and use established methods and techniques to develop practical solutions and solve problems that are diverse and multi-faceted.
- Evaluate quotes and Request for Proposals. negotiate most favorable terms and conditions, prices, and delivery with vendors for award of purchase orders, subcontracts, or blanket-type agreements.
- Award and administer complex purchase orders and cost-type subcontracts, and basic agreements from award to completion, including the development and maintenance of all supporting file documentation, vendor performance verification's, change orders, negotiation modifications; may oversee, review, validate and approve costs and invoices for payment and file documentation completeness for closeout.
- Manage and ensure vendor compliance with established procurement principles, best business practices, terms, and conditions, DOE/NNSA regulations, and customer satisfaction.
- Serve as a technical resource and interface between subcontractors and Laboratory personnel, collaborate with procurement personnel, interact with internal customers, managers, team members and external vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience with analytical and decision-making skills to anticipate, define, and resolve complex, diverse, and multi-faceted issues.
- Experience interpreting and applying standard business and/or procurement practices, policies, and procedures; and/or regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively both independently and in a diverse team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write and document contractual decisions and to effectively articulate and interact with managers, program personnel, Laboratory Field Office (LFO), customers, and suppliers, including experience utilizing negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Experience applying and/or knowledge of cost and price analysis techniques.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced and diverse work environment.
- Experience with personal computers and automated business tools and technologies.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity or prior experience with Federal Procurement requirements.
- Familiarity or prior experience with Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration Enterprise requirements.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.