Refine Search Clear All
Subcontract Analyst V
Supply Chain | livermore, CA | 09/07/2021
Job Code: F04.5 Subcontracts Analyst 5
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Subcontract Analyst V. You will be both an individual contributor and provide oversight for award and administration of complex, sensitive, specialized, and unique subcontracts, and agreements all of which have broad scope and significantly impact the success of the Department and Laboratory operations and mission. You will execute and manage strategic planning assignments that include integration and coordination of SCM Department activities. This position reports to the Supply Chain Management Division Manager within the Business Directorate.
In this role you will
- Provide leadership to Subcontract Analysts and purchasing specialists of all levels, including assign, review and assess work, train and mentor, provide guidance, and evaluate performance.
- Partner with senior managers across the Laboratory with a broad range of procurement planning, acquisition strategies, and sourcing activities as a key strategic decision maker and leader.
- Provide strategic advice and high-level programmatic direction on proposal evaluation, source selection, negotiation, file documentation, complex subcontract administration, and subcontract closeout.
- Use expert knowledge of procurement and comprehensive business experience to educate program staff regarding procurement requirements and strategies, identify available training, and mentor and provide guidance to other Contract Analysts; perform self-assessment reviews of subcontracts awarded by direct reports to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with cross-functional organizations to support and meet mutual Laboratory goals.
- Provide strategic, innovative and creative solutions and procurement strategies to negotiation and administrative problems with little or no known precedent or diverse situations.
- Authorize award, within delegated signature authority, of subcontracts. Review subcontracts in excess of delegated signature authority to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures and forward to the appropriate management level for authorization to award.
- As a subject matter expert, provide advice and counsel to Technical Representatives across the Laboratory to include reviewing scopes of work for adequacy, accuracy, and completeness to minimize subcontractor performance risk after award.
- Establish, maintain, and implement cost-effective business practices that are in compliance with applicable Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Agency, federal, and state regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and extensive related experience.
- Extensive experience soliciting and evaluating complex proposals using best value source selection and advanced cost and price analysis techniques.
- Broad experience negotiating, awarding, and administering high dollar value, unusual, and complex subcontracts.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of procurement techniques, methods, and business and contract law, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations, Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations, acquisition planning, and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Experience analyzing difficult and highly complex technical problems, providing input and recommendations, and making significantly complex business decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write clear, concise, and persuasive memoranda documenting facts and analysis, and explaining complex contractual decisions made during the evaluation, negotiation, and source selection process.
- Significant leadership skills and project management experience. Supervisory experience and/or extensive experience training and mentoring procurement professionals.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with employees, customers, and management at all levels.
- Ability to operate with significant latitude when determining objectives, goals, and work assignments.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with and understanding of the Supply Chain Management Department’s Standard Practices, Desk Guides, and Instructions.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.