Refine Search Clear All
Operations Administrator - Active Security Clearance Required
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 09/01/2021
Job Code: A01.1 Business Operations Spec 1 / A01.2 Business Operations Spec 2
Organization: Physical and Life Sciences
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Operations Administrator to manage the day-to-day operations of a dynamic Associate Director's Office. You will work independently following established procedures to assess business, operational and organizational requirements, and deliverables. By applying general knowledge of policies, procedures, and practices, you will develop, approve, and implement administrative and operational activities. This position is in the Physical and Life Sciences (PLS) Associate Director’s Office.
This position will be filled at either the A01.1 or A01.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will:
- Assess administrative and business operational procedures and systems, making recommendations or adjustments to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of administrative operations.
- Provide high level support to the Deputy Associate Director for Operations and management team.
- Participate in planning, decision-making, development, and implementation of administrative and operational processes.
- Review documentation for adherence to policies ensuring consistency within the work unit or functional area; participate in determining whether work unit is compliant with policies, procedures, methods, and practices and participate in the implementation of corrective actions to bring compliance.
- Serve as the Directorate’s event coordinator; planning and executing directorate wide technical, leadership and social events.
- Participate in institutional committee meetings related to operations management.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and resource to interpret and communicate directorate and institutional policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the A01.2 Level:
- Develop solutions and resolve operational issues and problems; establish protocols and develop standards and procedures to assure efficiency and continuity in daily operations.
- Act as a resource to Directorate personnel on matters relating to business operations policies and procedures; attend institutional meetings and represent Directorate as appropriate.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret Clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Experience coordinating operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes for the work unit and/or functional area.
- Experience participating in business, operational and/or organizational projects and activities.
- Effective leadership, team-building and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment.
- Experience leading administrative projects effectively and ability to understand, interpret, and apply operational related policies and procedures.
- Administrative and organizational skills, including detail oriented, flexibility and experience independently coordinating and prioritizing multiple work activities, often with conflicting deadlines. Ability to work effectively with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of personal computers and associated software including MS Office applications and experience developing complex reports for use in management decision making.
Additional qualifications at the A01.2 Level:
- Advanced knowledge and skills to resolve problems of moderate complexity where established procedures and processes may not exist.
- Ability to develop, implement, and resolve problems of broad scope, high complexity, with the highest consequence of error, frequent interruptions and conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to analyze multiple variables, gathers information without oversight, follow up on details, and anticipate problems.
Qualifications We Desire:
- Knowledgeable of the PLS Directorate, as well as the policies and procedures.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.