Refine Search Clear All
Field Operations Lead Associate for Target Experimental Operations (TEXOPS)
Engineering | livermore, CA | 07/27/2021
Job Code: 337.1 Engineering Technical Assoc
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Engineering Technical Associate to serve in the National Ignition Facility (NIF) Target Experimental Operations (TEXOPS) group in the NIF & Photon Science Directorate (NIF & PS). You will work programmatically for the TEXOPS Manager, helping to oversee and integrate four work centers of technicians within NIF Operations. This position is in the Laser Systems Engineering & Operations (LSEO) Division within the Engineering Directorate.
In this role, you will
- Apply innovative technical expertise to the development, evaluation, operation, and maintenance of complex engineering electronic, mechanical, computer, and/or electro-optic systems.in the NIF Facility and operations environment.
- Employ and tailor test equipment, troubleshooting, and equipment installation methods to unique and challenging problems.
- Assignment may involve development of test, troubleshooting, maintenance, and operational plans, leading initiatives to implement process improvements within TEXOPS based on data and employee feedback.
- Perform complex data analysis and interpretation, and present findings; author, critically review, and oversee the development of written documentation.
- Lead initiatives to promote cross-training and cross-qualification amongst the four work centers within TEXOPS.
- Strategically plan and allocate manpower and resources for equipment installation, development, operations, and maintenance tasks.
- Collaborate with NIF Operations staff to integrate TEXOPS work with the rest of the facility for both shot operations as well as maintenance periods.
- Participate in interviews and selection of new technician and technical associate candidates within TEXOPS.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in electronics engineering technology, technical management, or equivalent combination of education and previously relevant experience.
- Experience working in and advanced understanding of the operation of an integrated plant and/or laser facility.
- Experience providing technical direction to others, leading and/or supervising personnel in a laboratory and operations settings.
- Ability to assemble and direct teams to complete specific projects or resolve specific problems in a safe and secure manner.
- Leadership and team-building skills and the ability to improve the administrative and technical performance of subordinates and preparing them for the next level. Ability to mentor others, with advanced technical skills, in specific on-the-job training.
- Advanced verbal and written communication, presentation, and feedback skills in multiple technical areas.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within constraints.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary project environment effectively with simultaneous commitments to performance, cost, and schedule.
- Ability to work in an area of Beryllium and radiologically contaminated areas.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience planning and directing work with technical objectives, estimating effort, setting milestones, and managing within designated budget.
- Highly organized, reliable, and dependable with an ability to manage/supervise a variety of concurrent activities.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.