Refine Search Clear All
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 07/19/2021
Job Code: E01.2 Business Analyst 2
Organization: NIF and Photon Science
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Project Analyst to support our scientific team in turning concepts into reality and to meet milestones. Your responsibilities will include project coordination, analysis, scheduling, tracking, and reporting, including budgets. This position is in the Project Management Office (PMO) Organization within the National Ignition Facility & Photon Sciences (NIF&PS) Principal Associate Directorate.
In this role, you will
- Gather business, operational, and scientific requirements, clarify, analyze, coordinate, and disseminate information and activities, which will require working closely with internal and external customers and includes interpreting and applying policy and procedures as appropriate; also, will make recommendations and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Independently prepare end-to-end project documentation including gathering data and collaborating with internal and/or external business partners, analyzing service area requirements and deliverables while also analyzing a variety of factors required to troubleshoot and make business recommendations.
- Work with complex spreadsheets using VBA for Excel to prepare staffing plans and budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements and track project costs.
- Establish and maintain databases, spreadsheets, or tracking systems to document, make comprehensive assessments of, and track status of action items while monitoring quality standards, and reporting updates back to management to further aid in decision making; may include customized reporting requests.
- Ensure action items are completed by the required due date, and proactively follow-up on any outstanding items, researching and addressing multifaceted issues as they arise and making recommendations as needed.
- Initiate or oversee various monthly reports; analyze results and report to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Experience coordinating and analyzing multiple and/or multi-faceted work streams including researching, interpreting, formulating recommendations, and applying related policies and procedures while proactively meeting programmatic needs and requirements; includes tracking, compiling, monitoring, and analyzing data.
- Extensive knowledge of functional business areas and experience applying processes; emphasis on organizational and attention to detail skills, flexibility, and ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks, often with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Experience working with complex software applications and ability to learn new applications such as FileMaker Pro, Windchill, and Elm with advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, email, and calendaring applications, including significant experience in Excel with ability to learn VBA.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel, both internally and externally to an organization, while exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling issues of a classified and/or sensitive nature.
- Advanced communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, make recommendations and resolve diverse and multi-faceted issues on project and process activities using problem-solving skills.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience programming in VBA for Excel.
- Knowledge of LLNL administrative policies, procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Experience working in a classified environment and handling classified documents.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now