Refine Search Clear All
Health Promotion Manager
Health Services | livermore, CA | 07/02/2021
Job Code: A43.4 Health Promo Prog Coord
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Health Promotion Manager (HPM). You will lead the design and integration of work life and health promotion programs to positively impact the wellness culture at LLNL. As the HPM you will provide day-to-day management, leadership, and expertise in developing and implementing organization-wide wellbeing programs in support of strategic goals. This position is in the Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate and will report to Health and Wellness Services Manager.
In this role you will
- Manage health promotion programs and partner cross-functionally with the Health Services Department, Strategic Human Resources Management, key stakeholders, and Laboratory leadership to achieve the goals and vision for well being established by Senior Leadership.
- Guide, lead and/or direct licensed and registered health care providers in educating and promoting health promotion programs.
- Develop and implement employee health assessments and biometric screening programs to support best-in-class workforce health and behavior identification, stratification, intervention, and prevention.
- Develop, implement, and improve health promotion and screening programs according to risk factors, worker population health benefit, business case, return on investment, and value of investment.
- Plan and execute an annual and multi-year strategic wellbeing portfolio of employee engagement with on-site and virtual programs.
- Oversee the collection and analysis of health data to assess the impact of health and productivity initiatives in health risk reduction and policy and program development
- Mentor, coach and supervise staff of non-exempt employees, including writing annual Performance Appraisals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Profession , or equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Current and relevant expert knowledge and/or experience in key priority areas of building engagement programs to meet employees where they are with wellness, incentives, biometric screening, special events, health promotion and project management
- Expert knowledge in basic to complex principles and regulatory requirements impacting workplace wellness programs.
- Highly developed skills and experience in the development of effective partnerships and networks with a broad range of stakeholders in order to improve strategic outcomes.
- Strong time management /organizational skills including analysis and problem solving and the ability to manage multiple, and competing demands
- Experience as a supervisor or team leader implementing population health and business solutions with knowledge of health promotion, public health, and risk communication.
- Significant experience managing health, productivity, and wellness programs to include financial modeling and planning.
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to present, explain, and advise senior management and/or external sponsors and record of team building and conflict resolution.
Qualifications We Desire
- Graduate degree or professional certification in wellness or health promotion.
- Knowledge of LLNL and related industry practices, standards, processes, and systems.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.