Refine Search Clear All
Classified Administrative Specialist - Active Clearance Required
Administrative | livermore, CA | 07/01/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Classified Administrative Specialist (CAS) to provide a full range of support in the handling of classified documents and media. You will perform a combination of complex and difficult classified administrative duties, typically coordinating activities with multiple components, within standard policies and procedures under minimal supervision, this position is in the Weapons and Complex Integration Directorate.
In this role you will
- Perform a range of complex responsibilities including the management, processing, protection, and control of classified materials.
- Maintain records and administrative controls for classified matter received by and/or transferred from internal or external organizations utilizing a classified database.
- Receive, process, and maintain classified mail channels, sigmas, classified removable media and track and control repositories with classified assets.
- Assist in managing audits, self-assessments, and annual accountable document inventories.
- Represent the program and management, serve as a resource on all matters concerning classified documents and security regulations.
- Independently verify classified mail channels, ensure documents are marked properly and comply with established classified document accountability standards.
- Independently screen material for destruction to assure the retention of critical weapons data as outlined by records retention guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Advanced administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of classified documents/media handling, storage, protection, and administrative controls.
- Advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions; experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Experience compiling, tracking, monitoring, resolving, and reporting data and results.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the Division and Program with all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office suite, and one or more of the following:
- FileMaker Pro, Entrust, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now