Refine Search Clear All
Health Information and Informatics Manager
Health Services | livermore, CA | 06/25/2021
Job Code: A28.4 Health Info/IT/Admin Ops Mgmt
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Health Information and Informatics Manager to lead and manage the Health Services Department (HSD) WebChart Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, with the primary goal of improving employee health outcomes. In this role, you will partner cross-functionally with physicians, nurses, clinical, and administrative staff integrating health care services to deliver actionable health information, data, and knowledge. You lead the design and implementation of the HSD clinical systems defining technology and features to meet evolving business needs and manage the implementation of these solutions. This position is in the Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate and will report to Health and Wellness Services Manager.
In this role you will
- Oversee and manage the generation, organization, maintenance, and access to all LLNL confidential medical records in compliance with applicable requirements.
- Manage LLNL’s corporate electronic health information and related system interfaces (IWS, WPC, LTRAIN, and People) with technical support from the Information Technology group.
- Serve as the medical records institutional administrator for the DOL administered EEOIPCA program. Serve as medical records chief resource, liaison and subject matter expert (SME) for LLNL.
- Ensure that all health records systems and practices meet or exceed Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) standards.
- Enhance collaboration among health care providers via improvements in clinical workflows and efficiencies in design, implementation, and use of the Electronic Health Record.
- Extract meaningful clinical data, reports trends, and lead fulfillment of internal and external reporting requests and requirements.
- Manage, implement, and enforce privacy and security practices as mandated by federal (e.g. HIPAA and DOE) and state laws.
- Lead and supervise staff of non-exempt employees, including writing annual Performance Appraisals and perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies, procedures and projects within the department and advise organizational senior management.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant health-related field, or equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Significant experience and/or formal training and expert knowledge in health information management and administration which includes an understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts, practices, and medical terminology to assure quality management of data and health information.
- Significant experience in the administration and management of a corporate electronic record system, as well as experience developing and/or improving strategic and tactical plans for a records management system including maximizing electronic capabilities.
- Advanced skills using desktop tools (e.g., Excel) to manage clinical processes and workflows, track and trend data, and develop operational reports.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to function effectively and independently in management of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and health information and set priorities in a multi-tasked environment with constantly changing demands.
- Experience as a supervisor or team leader implementing business and clinical solutions and knowledge of project management practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutory requirements related to health information management.
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to present, explain, and advise senior management and/or external sponsors and record of team building and conflict resolution.
Qualifications We Desire
- Graduate degree or professional certification in health informatics
- Possess a current Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credential
- Extensive experience with WebChart and/or other ambulatory EHRs
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.