Refine Search Clear All
Records & Information Management Specialist
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 06/21/2021
Job Code: A06.2 Records Specialist 2 / A06.3 Records Specialist 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Records & Information Management Specialist to support the development of the Laboratory’s Records and Information Management (RIM) program. You will assist in leading institutional records inventory assessments and collecting information for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), litigation holds, moratoriums and other requests for information. Support further development of the Essential Records Program. This position is in the Records & Information Management Group within the Technical Information Department.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Support digitization efforts outlined in Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) joint Memorandum M-19-21 in compliance with all records management laws and regulations to transition to an electronic environment.
- Participate in the review and update of Laboratory policies, processes and procedures to support DOE and the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) regulatory and contractual requirements and guidelines.
- Support institutional internal and external records and information program assessments.
- Provide updates to the records and information management program web sites.
- Assist with and serve as a resource in the development of staff records and information management training, standard operating procedures (SOP), and process improvements; may assist with leading RIM training sessions.
- Collaborate with business organizations to help develop the institutional RIM Program and assist business working groups with defining and documenting requirements for RIM technology implementations.
- Assist in the implementation of electronic records retention schedule, review and release information management, document management and enterprise-level records and information management systems.
- Coordinate and prioritize customer’s records and information management requests.
- Perform other duties as required.
Additional job responsibilities, at the A06.3 level:
- Lead the development of institutional training for Records and Information Management, email management, Records Liaison Officer (RLO), and other areas as needed.
- Support retention schedule updates for government and contractor/corporate records within the Laboratory’s electronic records retention schedule platform.
- Coordinate and perform large-scale records inventory assessments, both physical and electronic.
- Consult with internal and external contacts, e.g., DOE, NNSA, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), and other DOE facilities, to facilitate resolutions of records and information management issues and customer service programs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Associate’s Degree in Information Management, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience interpreting and applying intermediate and contemporary knowledge of records and information management principles, best practices, regulations, policies, and practices.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills related to records and information management guidelines, procedures, issues, and/or project parameters.
- Experience interpreting and applying records and information management regulatory requirements, practices, and procedures.
- Experience using automated business tools/technologies and specialized applications, such as MS Office 365 applications to include SharePoint, Confluence, E-Link, DocuSign Virgo and ServiceNow.
- Advanced verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of Laboratory personnel.
- Organizational skills with experience prioritizing multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment under time constraints while ensuring attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency.
- Experience designing and utilizing complex databases for tracking and reporting.
Additional qualifications at the A06.3 level:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Information Management or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience developing, interpreting, and applying policies and/or procedures related to information governance, records management, and/or email management.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements, practices, and procedures related to records and information management.
- High-level knowledge and experience coordinating and performing large-scale records inventory assessments, both physical and electronic.
Qualifications We Desire
Certified Information Professional (CIP), information governance or other records and information management industry professional license or credential.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.