Refine Search Clear All
Quality Assurance Quality Control & Data Management Group Leader
Environmental, Safety & Health | livermore, CA | 06/15/2021
Job Code: TSL.4 Technical Services & Ops TSL 4
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Quality Assurance Quality Control and Data Management Group Leader. This position is in the Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate.
As a Group Leader in ES&H Technical Services, you will provide comprehensive regulatory compliance support for data quality and data management for environmental scientists, industrial hygienists, and health physicists in LLNL ES&H.
In this role you will
- Lead the QA/QC and Data Management Group to provide comprehensive technical support on compliance requirements for data quality meeting regulatory and US DOE standards, as well as LLNL policies and procedures.
- Supervise a team of quality assurance specialists, data managers, and developers including overseeing performance evaluations, ranking and salary management, promotions, and recruiting.
- Prepare, revise, and maintain data quality assurance program plans consistent with US EPA and other agency guidance on data quality objectives for analytical, instrument calibration, and monitoring systems in ES&H.
- Establish expectation and procedures to perform data validation per quality assurance and quality control requirements as specified in LLNL Quality Assurance Program Plans and prepare detailed technical regulatory reports on data quality.
- Develop and conduct database queries and analyses to review and summarize data.
- Work with contract analytical laboratories to ensure contracting requirements are met.
- Conduct complex technical reviews, studies, and/or assessments of projects and processes providing direction on data quality assurance and make recommendations to the TSD Managers and ES&H Functional Areas.
- Independently develop and apply innovative and creative solutions and plans to enhance existing processes to effectively and efficiently support mission execution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or ES&H discipline, related field or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Significant experience leading data quality programs in heavily regulated industries like US DOE National Laboratories.
- Experience preparing quality assurance program plans for large complex projects.
- Expert knowledge and experience with data management, data quality objectives, and/or quality assurance/quality control.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively present, explain and communicate complex technical information to all levels of personnel and management.
- Effective organizational and strategic planning skills with detail orientation necessary to handle multiple complex projects and plans.
- Ability to successfully lead and/or perform collaborative tasks with a diverse group of professional disciplines and highly technical staff across organizational and/or complex-wide boundaries.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more ES&H disciplines and/or equivalent technical lead responsibilities with substantive role.
Qualifications We Desire
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in chemistry, environmental science, engineering, or related field.
- Experience with data visualization and analysis tools like Tableau, Jupiter Notebook, or Python.
- Knowledge and experience with international standards like ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems or ISO 17025 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- Experience supervising teams of technical, engineering, or scientific staff.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.