Refine Search Clear All
Human Reliability Program Lead
Health Services | livermore, CA | 06/15/2021
Job Code: A42.4 Reliability Programs / A42.5 Reliability Programs
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Human Reliability Program Lead in support of our Health Services Department (HSD).You will manage Laboratory Reliability Programs, ensuring the Human Reliability Program (HRP), Select Agent Human Reliability Program (SAHRP) and the Forensic Science Center Reliability Program (FSCRP) are in compliance with Laboratory policies and all regulations. This position is in the Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate and will report to the Health & Wellness Services Manager.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Execute and have primary functional responsibility for the Human Reliability Program Office which provides drug and alcohol testing services for the drug-free workplace program as required by Laboratory policies, Department of Energy (DOE), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Manage all aspects of HRP including; initial certifications, recertifications, medical restrictions, and temporary removals for safety or security concerns.
- Collaborate with Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) partners and stakeholders to implement new policies and procedures.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and plans for the program, ensuring that processes and procedures mirror the requirements of the HRP Plan where applicable.
- Responsible for writing and implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee modernization of processes and administration to ensure recordkeeping is in compliance with regulations and improve workflows.
- Manage daily operations and priorities for the reliability programs and substance abuse program.
- Supervise staff of non-exempt employees, including writing annual Performance Appraisals.
- Serve as subject matter expert and resource, mentor and coach junior staff and team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the A42.5 level
- Provide strategic guidance, direction and ensures deliverables and actions in HRP.
- Comply with 10 CFR Part 712, coordinating with institutional senior management and external entities.
- Act as key strategic decision maker and leader, responsible for coordinating resources, scheduling, and budgeting/cost control activities.
- Contribute to institutional policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Expert knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Significant experience with drug screening and pre-employment screening programs.
- Experience as a supervisor, including performance management, ranking, goal setting, and managing projects and tasks to completion.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to function effectively and independently, to set priorities and complete deliverables in a multi-tasking environment with constantly changing demands.
- Ability to build relationships and negotiate toward favorable results for the team and the organization.
- Superb communication, facilitation, teaching, collaboration, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and ability to work with and maintain effective working relationships with a broad cross-section of management, technical, and administrative personnel.
Additional qualifications at the A42.5 level:
- Extensive experience leading and/or managing human reliability programs with strategic planning, building short- and long-range goals.
- Experience supervising integrated projects and leading business activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing HRP, SAHRP. FSCRP programs.
Qualifications We Desire
- Graduate degree or professional certification.
- Familiar with NNSA/DOE or related industry practices, standards, processes, and systems.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. This position will require a DOE Q clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. A Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.