Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist III/IV
Administrative | livermore, CA | 06/15/2021
Job Code: 405.3 Administrative Specialist III / 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE L clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist. You will perform a full range of moderately difficult to complex administrative assignments in support to the departments and other management personnel in a dynamic and fast paced environment with critical deadlines, frequent interruptions, and conflicting priorities. This position will support the Infrastructure Engineering & Operations, and the Infrastructure Maintenance & Utilities Departments as well as the Safety & Training Office within the Infrastructure & Operations Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Represent various levels of personnel and serve as a resource in day-to-day administrative matters; serve as a resource on organizational and administrative policies and procedures.
- Independently compose correspondence for signature, schedule appointments and maintain calendars.
- Screen telephone calls, independently answer inquiries, make appropriate referrals, follow through on requests; review, prioritize and disseminate incoming mail.
- Identify and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Gather information from various sources, compile data and prepare complex reports and presentations.
- Establish and maintain complex database, spreadsheets, and tracking/filing systems.
- Serve as an administrative team member and assist with special projects.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Arrange travel and itineraries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 405.4 level
- Prepare and/or compose administrative material of a sensitive nature for signature.
- Interpret institutional, organizational, and administrative policies and procedures.
- Manage complex calendars, independently determine scheduling priorities, committing, and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling multiple attendees.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE L-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Administrative knowledge and experience, including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Effective organizational skills and experience working under limited supervision, prioritizing multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and critical deadlines, while showing flexibility, attention to detail, discretion, tact, and accuracy.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities and independently determine and set priorities and goals.
- Experience arranging domestic and/or foreign travel.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work in a team environment within a diverse workforce, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgement in handling business sensitive information, and using tact and diplomacy.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience using the following software applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
Additional qualifications at the 405.4 level
- Advanced administrative knowledge and of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and complete projects, including experience working under minimal supervision, coordination of multiple activities and ability to independently determine and set priorities in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working with a crafts/construction group.
- Familiarity with LLNL’s infrastructure and operations.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.