Refine Search Clear All
Technical Coordinator/Sr. Technical Coordinator
Engineering | livermore, CA | 05/07/2021
Job Code: 538.2 Technical Coordinator / 538.3 Sr. Technical Coord.
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for a Technical Coordinator/Sr. Technical Coordinator. Under general supervision, you will be responsible to provide general technical and administrative support for the acquisition and fabrication of general electronics instrumentation, hardware and data acquisition systems, and mechanical equipment and hardware for various projects. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED)/Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program supporting the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role, you will
- Provide general coordination and support for multiple technical projects and/or activities with frequently changing requirements and priorities.
- Maintain appropriate records and summaries to support project needs. Provide award/delivery status to supervisor and customers/requestors. Anticipate and reconcile supply problems, including technical factors affecting critical milestones.
- Collaborate with and provide technical support to designers, technicians, machinists, engineers, internal organizations, outside suppliers, and vendors on multiple large and small moderately complex projects, sometimes involving hazardous materials.
- Support acquisition and fabrication of general electronics instrumentation, hardware and data acquisition systems, and mechanical equipment and hardware activities for DTED, WCI, and Work for Others, including Site 300 and other off-site locations.
- Support Designers and Engineers in reviewing drawings and electrical schematics and other related technical information while applying appropriate standards, procedures, and techniques to screen parts sources. Review vendor proposed fabrication processes, pricing, and delivery schedules.
- Process general internal fabrication packages through LLNL fabrication facilities.
- Provide Technical Release Representative (TRR) services requiring in-depth knowledge of purchasing requirements and regulations.
- Strictly adhere to laboratory safety and security guidelines, and regulations, and perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 538.3 Level
- Prepare technical procurement packages for mechanical fabrications including specifications and statements of work, as well as quality assurance and inspection requirements.
- Monitor procurement deliverables and provide technical interface between LLNL and supplier, e.g. on time deliverables, milestone reviews, and technical resolutions during processing.
- Make independent decisions regarding fabrication alternatives, supplier selections, and substitute hardware and materials using LLNL guidelines, techniques, and procedures.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in customer service or support organization and proven ability to interact with a diverse and demanding customer base.
- Experience working independently and as a team member with effective problem-solving skills. Ability to manage multiple competing priorities while meeting specific programmatic technical and reporting requirements.
- Intermediate level knowledge and understanding of conventional manufacturing and fabrication techniques, general electronics instrumentation, hardware and data acquisition systems, and mechanical equipment and hardware.
- Effective written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Knowledge of office computer software, common operating systems, and common word processing, spreadsheet, and databases.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Technical Release Representative (TRR) certification.
In Addition at the 538.3 Level
- Advanced skills, knowledge, and demonstrated abilities in procurement and coordination of materials and equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of decision making for fabrication alternatives, supplies selections and materials.
- Intermediate level knowledge and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Project to construct accurate budget estimates and schedules.
- High level understanding of machine tool technology.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.