Refine Search Clear All
Event Planner for Nonproliferation Research and Development Program - Active Security Clearance Required
Administrative | livermore, CA | 05/08/2021
Job Code: A01.2 Business Operations Spec 2
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Event Planner to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to manage programmatic small (50 attendees) and large (150-300 attendees) reviews, events and ad hoc workshops related to the NNSA’s Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (DNN) Research and Development and DNN University Consortia. You will act as the main point of contact to sponsors and technical hosts and will be responsible for all aspects of these classified and unclassified on- and off-site events. This position is in the Nonproliferation Research and Development (NPRD) Program within Nuclear Threat Reduction (N) Program of the Global Security Principal Associate Directorate.
In this role, you will
- Independently investigate, plan, and oversee all aspects of events requiring frequent interaction with high-level headquarters personnel, Laboratory management, program leaders, and representatives from various government agencies, academia, and the private sector.
- Organize and participate in weekly DNN R&D Consortia Team Meetings; Collect and analyze quarterly and yearly consortia student data; Organize bi-weekly communication with consortia summer students; Maintain LLNL’s DNN R&D Consortia Website.
- Research and establish goals with technical hosts and/or sponsors and set priorities for events. Coordinate discussion topics with appropriate senior management to develop agendas, and schedules, and set guides for invited presenters.
- Independently resolve unexpected and unique complications, deviations, or delays making adaptations, substitutions, and changes on a moment’s notice in highly visible environments.
- Act as the primary point-of-contact and resource to participants regarding all logistics associated with the event and venue, including briefings, discussion topics, agendas, access requirements, clearance and badging requirements, prohibited items, and policies associated with cyber and physical security and ES&H.
- Research and secure venue, hospitality, and lodging for events. Develop secure web sites for registration collection and information sharing within compliance of LLNL policies and procedures.
- Travel to and actively participate in “day of” event activities to provide strategic guidance to vendors, participants, and assistants to ensure flawless execution of planned activities. Including running presentations and setting up activities.
- May assist with tracking budgets and expenditures, working closely with lead administrator and resource manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Experience leading administrative projects effectively and ability to understand, interpret, and apply operational related policies and procedures.
- Experience investigating, planning, and overseeing visits, meetings, conferences, agendas, discussion topics, and briefings requiring complex arrangements with multiple activities and details, involving 200+ participants from the most senior levels.
- Experience researching and securing venues, hospitality requirements and lodging for events. within compliance of LLNL policies and procedures.
- Experience coordinating event activities, providing guidance to vendors, participants, and assistants to ensure flawless execution of planned activities. Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate travel to event locations within the United States.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment. Proven ability to effectively interact with a wide spectrum of personnel in government, academia, or the private sector. Experience working independently as well as cooperatively in a team environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently advise, resolve, recommend and approve appropriate actions to implement solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and associated software including MS Office applications and experience developing complex reports for use in management decision making.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills, with emphasis on ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. Ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks with short deadlines and frequent interruptions. Demonstrated accuracy with exceptional attention to details.
- Demonstrated advanced writing skills for developing formal correspondence, agendas, reports and procedures.
Qualifications We Desire
- AA degree with specialty in Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- Broad institutional knowledge of the Laboratory and its programs.
- Knowledge of Laboratory administrative policies and procedures and requirements for security, cyber security, ISM and ES&H.
- Experience working with CVENT and/or WebEx FedRAMP event platform.
- Broad knowledge of DOE policies and procedures and organizational structure.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now