Refine Search Clear All
Lead Financial Analyst, Senior
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: C01.4 Financial Analyst 4
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Senior level Financial Analyst. You will be responsible for directing the organization’s efforts in the development of highly complex budgetary submissions and financial plans. You will independently perform budgetary analyses and resource management duties, provide advice on complex financial and business issues and have responsibility for direct and indirect budgets. You will have supervision responsibilities. This position is in the Operations & Business (O&B) Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will:
- Direct the organization's efforts in the development of highly complex budgetary submissions and financial plans.
- Gather and analyze diverse and highly complex information on funding, costing and workforce issues; review work proposals and research variances to plans and allocations; implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Serve as a point-of-contact performing self-assessments and preparing organizational responses to findings.
- Direct and participate in highly complex analysis, modeling various scenarios to support organizational and/or institutional decision making.
- Formulate, communicate and implement decisions within scope of designated authority and provide extensive and highly complex financial and business process consultation and improvement expertise within the department and directorate.
- Design and develop operational metrics and implement policies, procedures and processes with department, directorate and institutional impact in response to Laboratory, Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)/Lawrence Livermore National Security (LLNS) and other federal financial laws, orders, and guidelines, serving as an expert with regard to the interpretation and application of financial standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership to financial staff and lead special projects requiring development of unique solutions: set direction for a work group, oversee the execution of tasks and assure appropriately completed staff work. Foster effective relationships with customers, colleagues, and programmatic and financial managers throughout the Laboratory, LLNS, NNSA, Laboratory Site Office (LSO), and Department of Energy Headquarters (DOE HQ).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field; or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of and expertise performing and directing financial functions including diverse funding sources, developing, interpreting and applying financial policies and procedures, financial accounting (including the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), performing self-assessments and representing the organization in audits.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and maintenance of highly complex financial spreadsheets and databases containing advanced functions; experience in utilizing commercial and/or institutional financial tools and in the MS Office suite.
- Extensive experience applying expert analytical skills to independently research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present highly complex financial data and information.
- Extensive experience with advanced decision making, communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving and analytical skills to independently solve highly complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact; experience negotiating desirable outcomes.
- Demonstrated expertise using interpersonal skills to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade and build consensus among diverse stakeholders; experience establishing and maintaining effective working relations with all levels of personnel.
- Experience effectively providing work direction to others and leading others to achieve a common goal or objective.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills to work independently and as part of a team effectively; establish priorities and execute highly complex business and financial assignments, meet critical time-urgent deadlines.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.