Refine Search Clear All
Environment Safety and Health Administrator
Administrative | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: A01.2 Business Operations Spec 2
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Environment Safety and Health Administrator in support of our Integrated Safety Teams and/or Functional Areas. You will work independently following established procedures to develop, approve, implement, and provide oversight for a wide range of advanced and diverse administrative and operational activities. This position is in the Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate and will report to the ES&H Directorate Administrator.
In this role you will
- Coordinate, execute and administer a variety of personnel and hiring related activities for the organization including developing postings, facilitating interviews, preparing hire packages, and ensuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures, regulations; collaborate with Functional Area Sr. Administrator as needed and onboard and manage office space.
- Lead and oversee administrative staff to include hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, career development, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, coordinating work assignments, and participating in ranking and salary activities.
- Research, analyze, establish, and implement internal administrative procedures and systems to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of administrative operations.
- Independently coordinate and lead various administrative projects and initiatives; collect, validate, and interpret business, operational and/or organizational planning data in support of strategic and/or workforce planning activities.
- Serve as the primary resource to organization staff for the interpretation and application of directorate and Laboratory administrative and personnel policies and procedures, and monitor adherence to policies and procedures.
- Solve complex and sensitive problems, develop, and implement new techniques and procedures. Interpret policy, formulate recommendations, and establish procedures to ensure action items are completed by the required due date and follow up on pending items.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associates Degree in a business or operational area or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Leadership and/or team building skills. Experience leading or supervising employees and business and/or operational activities.
- Ability to take initiative and build productive relationships.
- Experience developing complex reports for use in management decision making. Extensive knowledge of document handling policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and experience researching, interpreting and applying administrative policies, procedures, and practices.
- Understanding of principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures, and state and federal laws; knowledge and understanding of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration, FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.
- Experience identifying issues, developing solutions, and implementing effective approaches to improve administrative processes and procedures. Experience coordinating multiple work activities, and multi-faceted internal processes.
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel with tact, discretion, diplomacy and mature judgment.
- Advanced skills using desktop tools (e.g., Excel) to manage business processes, track, and trend data, and develop operational reports.
- Experience exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgement, and tact in handling sensitive and confidential issues with a high consequence of error.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge and experience interpreting and implementing LLNL policies, procedures, and practices.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.