Refine Search Clear All
Workforce Personnel Administrator
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 04/15/2021
Job Code: A01.1 Business Operations Spec 1 / A01.2 Business Operations Spec 2
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Workforce Personnel Administrator to coordinate internal and external personnel administration activities. You will be a key part of business operations and activities strategically supporting workforce goals and coordinating hiring activities. In addition to being well-organized and methodical, your strong communications skills will be needed to interact with a variety of people and a multidisciplinary team. This position is in the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) Directorate supporting both the Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Department (IEOD) and Infrastructure Maintenance and Utilities Department (IMUD).
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Represent IMUD/IEOD in the administration and coordination of hiring and onboarding of internal and external hires and supplemental labor workforce personnel, and exit/termination processes and procedures.
- Participate in the development and coordination of job postings, distribution of resumes, scheduling and facilitation of interviews, providing information to job applicants, preparing hire packages, verifying security clearances, coordinating internal transfers, and onboarding/exiting/terminations.
- Coordinate the day-to-day hiring activities process flow and prepare and maintain electronic tracking and record keeping to report metrics on the department’s operational recruitment, hiring, and onboarding/exiting/termination activities.
- Partner and collaborate with IMUD/IEOD Administrative management and hiring managers to support successful hiring and onboarding processes of new hires.
- Interpret and follow Human Resources practices and policies to ensure compliance with standard procedures, regulations, and laws. Provide guidance to other administrative team members and hiring teams on HR processes and requirements.
- Collect data to establish and maintain hiring metrics and electronic record-keeping documents to report recruitment and hiring activities, job applicant information, and to recommend hiring process support improvement strategies.
- Coordinate special projects within but not limited to hiring and onboarding support activities.
- Serve as a resource and lead on departmental HR processes and procedures, provide training and mentoring, and direct, assign, monitor and review work to support the HR functions and compliance.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Additional job responsibilities, at the A01.2 level
- Review, execute, and administer a variety of personnel/recruiting related activities, for the work unit, ensuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Prepare and review a variety of reports for management decision making.
- Plan, execute, and/or provide oversight to a variety of workforce, operational and organizational requirements and activities for IEOD/IMUD on administrative matters.
- Lead the implementation business, operational and/or organizational strategies, objectives, and deliverables and prepare responses for requests for information.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment support processes, facilitating the coordination of hire packages, and of Human Resources principles and compliance requirements related to personnel administration (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.).
- Experience researching, interpreting, and applying policies and procedures. Experience applying analytical skills and using independent judgment to make recommendations and provide guidance to team members and managers.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing business and operational activities and assisting in the development of administrative and operational practices in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to confidently handle confidential and sensitive hiring and personnel actions with tact, discretion, and mature judgement.
- Ability to take the initiative to build productive business relationships with external contacts, and to effectively collaborate with management, administrative team, and a multidisciplinary workforce.
- Effective organizational skills with experience working under limited supervision, prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting critical deadlines, while showing flexibility, attention to detail, discretion, tact, and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal guidance, and to work well within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to perform effectively in a lead role with the necessary skills to delegate work assignments, provide necessary guidance and review, and ensure timeliness of requirements and compliance.
- Advanced computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, automated business tools, and specialized proprietary applications.
Additional qualifications at the A01.2 level
- Experience participating in and leading business, operational and/or organizational activities.
- Knowledge of principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures, and state and federal laws. Knowledge and understanding of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.).
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling issues of a sensitive nature and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, direct, negotiate, and influence others.
- Effective analytical skills with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex issues effectively.
Qualifications We Desire
- Working knowledge of LLNL’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of LLNL’s hiring processes and procedures.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.