Refine Search Clear All
Financial Analyst, Budget Systems & Reporting
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 04/19/2021
Job Code: C01.2 Financial Analyst 2
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Budget Systems & Reporting Financial Analyst to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for aggregating and consolidating, analyzing, and reporting on detailed monthly planning and cost data from an institutional perspective. This position is in the Budget/Systems & Reporting Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will
- Participate in the development and analysis and reporting of moderately complex financial and workforce operating plans and review with management.
- Gather, track, monitor, research and analyze moderately complex information on funding, costing, and workforce issues; research variances to plans and allocations; implement corrective actions.
- Develop reports, dashboards, presentations, and moderately complex analytical models, utilizing SQL, VBA, and other moderately complex data manipulation methods.
- Develop effective solutions to support efficient business processes as well as process improvements.
- Interpret and apply Laboratory, LLNS and DOE/NNSA policies, procedures, and processes to ensure work is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide input and perform self-assessments.
- Represent the organization with internal groups and participate in groups or on committees and foster effective relationships with customers, colleagues, and sponsors, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Experience applying analytical skills to research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present financial data and information. Experience developing and maintaining spreadsheets and maintaining financial databases including experience utilizing commercial and/or institutional financial tools.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge and understanding of an experience performing financial functions including interpreting and applying financial policies and procedures, financial accounting, including the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to interpret and apply financial policies and procedures, make decisions, and resolve routine problems using standard policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and verbal and experience with decision making, problem solving and analytical skills to resolve issues requiring judgment, discretion, and tact.
- Experience working independently with general direction and demonstrated ability to establish own work priorities and to execute assignments, meeting time-sensitive deadlines and working on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in financial planning activities including detailed annual planning, monthly forecasting, consolidations and variance analysis and modeling.
- Demonstrated advanced PC computer and software application experience including MS Office Suite, SQL, and VBA.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Experience in trend analysis and identification of causes and drivers of workforce levels.
- Experience with IBM TM1 Planning Analytics (IBM Cognos TM1).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.