Refine Search Clear All
Information Management Specialist
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 01/18/2021
Job Code: A15.1 Rev/Release Info Mgt Adm (O)1 / A15.2 Rev/Release Info Mgt Adm (O)2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
We have an opening for an Information Management Specialist in the Records & Information Management (RIM) group. You will assist the RIM team with the review and release of unclassified and classified documents for the institutional program. This position is in the Technical Information Department. This position will be filled at either the A15.1 or A15.2 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Use general knowledge of Records & Information Management, apply standard techniques and procedures, and compile and analyze data.
- Organize, coordinate, and develop user guides, web pages and training materials.
- Develop and implement institutional policies and procedures to support the review and release processes.
- Perform quarterly self-assessments of institutional reviewers and communicate results to appropriate stakeholders and LLNL management. Assist with revision of policies, training, and user guides, as needed, based upon periodic assessments.
- Support the Review & Release Information Management (IM) system processes and procedures in collaboration with the Industrial Partnership Office (IPO), Office of Classification and Export Control (OCEC) and Operations Security (OPSEC). Coordinate with team members and stakeholders to identify process and system modifications to support upgrades and enhancements.
- Assist the RIM team with cross-training and providing presentations on review and release processes, procedures, and the IM policy requirements for Laboratory personnel.
- Help facilitate the prioritization of federal government request for information to meet stringent deadlines and respond to daily customer ServiceNow tickets in support of the Derivative Classifier (DC) Review application.
- Support the overall Quality Control function within the review and release IM system. Collaborate with RIM team members to maintain electronically received items from Laboratory personnel in compliance with retention and audit requirements within automated SharePoint document repositories.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the .2 level:
- Provide solutions to issues where minimal information is available and a variety of factors must be analyzed.
- Assist with a variety of new program or practice development and implementation activities through data gathering, materials development, training, and information tracking.
- Provide technical direction or serve as project lead in the completion of short-term work goals.
- Bachelors degree in Information Management or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge of basic professional principles and regulatory requirements. Familiar with industry standards and best practices, processes, collaborative applications and systems. Ability to understand, interpret, and apply operational related policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of and experience reviewing, writing or revising policies, processes or guidelines.
- Experience developing and/or implementing process improvements, compiling, tracking, maintaining and analyzing data.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact and collaborate with a diverse group of personalities and disciplines and various levels.
- High level of organizational skill and attention to detail to effectively manage and complete projects of varying levels.
- Excellent customer service skills to support a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to quickly learn new software solutions, applications and systems. Knowledge of and experience using E-link, Microsoft cloud-based software (SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive), Microsoft Office Suite and virtual communication tools (WebEx, Zoom) and instant messaging platforms.
Additional qualifications at the .2 level:
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to work independently as well as function within a team to help accomplish program goals and objectives of the group.
- High level knowledge of relevant professional principals and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of information management software applications and systems, including E-link, Microsoft cloud-based software, Microsoft Office Suite, and virtual communications tools and instant messaging platforms.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral