Refine Search Clear All
Global Security Senior Systems Analyst
Engineering | livermore, CA | 01/24/2021
Job Code: SES.4 Science & Engineering MTS 4 / SES.5 Science & Engineering MTS 5
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Global Security Senior Systems Analyst. We are seeking highly qualified scientists and engineers to join our interdisciplinary team of systems analysts supporting programs across the Global Security Principal Directorate, such as Chemical/Biological/Explosives Security, Nuclear Threat Reduction, Intelligence Programs and Energy/Infrastructure/Cyber Security. You will apply a combination of technical depth and breadth, critical thinking, modeling and simulation, and analysis to understand multi-domain problem areas and provide decision insight, communicate options and trade-offs, and facilitates the integration of new technology in support of customer missions. This position is programmatically in the Global Security Systems Analysis Group and administratively will report to the payroll supervisor of the hiring organization.
In this role you will
- Provide solutions requiring in-depth analysis and creative use of innovative methods to a diverse range of highly complex, poorly defined problems through leveraging deep subject matter expertise and collaborating with scientists and researchers across a variety of technical disciplines.
- Create innovative analytical frameworks and evaluate competing characteristics to determine solutions that most effectively meet stakeholder objectives; provide decision insight to customers and stakeholders in highly complex problem areas.
- Provide technical leadership to projects; maintain and ensure quality standards for deliverables, publications, and presentations; leverage team members’ skills to successfully complete highly complex projects, by ensuring excellence in execution of technical work in the program.
- Develop creative program growth opportunities through interactions with current and potential sponsors and creation of research proposals.
- Frequently mentor other personnel and actively recruit new staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the SES.5 Level
- Champion large projects and multi-laboratory efforts to positively impact the team’s long-term goals and objectives.
- Successfully utilize existing work, internal resources, and partnerships to develop innovative capabilities to increase the impact of LLNL and lead the development of project portfolios.
- Represent the laboratory to the sponsor and stakeholders and serve on external scientific/technical committees and act as senior technical expert on large programs/projects.
- MS in Engineering, Physical, Computer Sciences, related field or the equivalent combination of education and significant professional experience.
- Significant expertise in one or more of the following areas: cyber security, modeling and simulation, risk analysis, data analytics, chemical and biological security, explosives, intelligence analysis, radiological and nuclear security, energy systems, infrastructure protection, or other relevant discipline.
- Proven success delivering high-quality, impactful technical products; significant experience successfully managing and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated success growing programs through proposal writing and sponsor engagement.
- Experience motivating and collaborating with other personnel in achieving project objectives; demonstrated strength in partnering with other laboratories and outside organizations successfully.
- Expert knowledge and substantial experience as a project coordinator and principal investigator of projects with competing priorities, loosely defined deliverables, and high visibility.
- Highly advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams, and advise and influence senior management and external sponsors.
- Ability to travel off-site, including potentially internationally, for sponsor and customer interaction.
Additional qualifications at the SES.5 Level
- Nationally recognized expertise in one or more of the following areas: cyber security, modeling and simulation, risk analysis, data analytics, chemical and biological security, explosives, intelligence analysis, radiological and nuclear security, energy systems, infrastructure protection, or other relevant discipline.
- Extensive experience championing large dynamic projects and multi-laboratory efforts that positively affected the organization’s long-term goals and objectives.
- Extensive experience leveraging existing work, internal resources, and partnerships that resulted in successfully developing new project portfolios.
Qualifications we desire
- PhD in Engineering or Physical, Biological or Computer Sciences.
- Significant experience working with the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Energy, Intelligence Community, or other relevant government sponsors.
- Successful track record of crafting new capabilities and catalyzing innovation to impact the long-term direction of an organization.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral