Refine Search Clear All
Electronics Fabrication & Installation Supervisor
Engineering | livermore, CA | 01/25/2021
Job Code: 390.1 Supervisor
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Supervisor of the Electronics Fabrication and Installation Group (EF&I). You will be a full-time supervisor and may have up to 25% technical responsibilities in support of major programs (National Ignition Facility, Weapons and Complex Integration, and Global Security). You will be responsible for personnel actions involving employees in the EF&I organization including selection, training, performance evaluations, salary recommendations, promotions, and corrective actions. You will manage the Service Center operations to ensure the cost-effective utilization of the work force, equipment and materials required by the organization. You will interact regularly with the NSED Superintendent, Division Leader, Section Leaders, and other Engineering Supervisors as well as with LLNL procurement and program managers and/or technical contacts, project engineers, and scientists. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED, within the Engineering Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide daily leadership and supervision of the work center including establishing work procedures, setting priorities, making daily work assignments, writing performance appraisals, career development, training, salary, ranking, promotion recommendations, and disciplinary issues.
- Direct significant electronics fabrication, assembly, maintenance, research and/or development operations.
- Develop and implement strategic work center planning including quality assurance (QA), workflow processes, tools and equipment acquisition/repair/maintenance, workforce, and budgetary management.
- Interface closely with LLNL program technical contacts, project engineers, and scientists with frequent technical interactions outside of the work unit and at times external to LLNL.
- Analyze and interpret complex administrative, technical information and project objectives to translate them into job requirements and concepts, implementing solutions and alternate approaches to solve complex problems.
- Interface with other NSED, Engineering, or institutional capabilities to provide broad, integrated solutions to best serve programmatic needs.
- Make decisions using a high degree of independent discretion and judgment and resolve multi-project/program requirements through negotiations.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including serving as the LLNL Electronics Fabrication Competent Worker Lead Mentor.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 390.2 level
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review projects.
- Lead institutional sub-committees or special assignments.
- BS degree in electronics technology, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience providing strong technical leadership to a multidisciplinary team driven toward a commitment to technical, operational, and customer service excellence.
- Experience with electronic and mechanical fabrication, assembly, packaging, and installation operations, including standards and certification requirements, project planning, and estimating.
- Advanced skills and abilities in technical coordination of complex projects including project planning, budgeting, and workforce planning.
- Experience working independently and assuming responsibility with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Advanced technical leadership skills and advanced administrative skills including the use of computers and software such as Office 365 and similar applications.
- Experience exercising sound judgment in solving complex problems in a multi-tasked environment.
- Advanced verbal, written and team building skills at all levels of the organization (i.e. work group, supervisors, and management).
Additional qualifications at the 390.2 level
- Highly advanced technical experience planning, interpreting, and reviewing the work of others.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly advanced technical leadership skills.
Qualifications We Desire
- Supervisory experience including performance and personnel management.
- Familiar with Engineering Service Centers production control system, Computer System for Manufacturing, Orders, and Services (COSMOS) relative to job planning, estimating, scheduling, routing, and Service Center budget planning and management.
- Strong working knowledge of LLNL work control and safety policies and procedures, and broad knowledge of LLNL programmatic needs and applications.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral