Refine Search Clear All
Defense Technologies Hiring and Onboarding Graduate Student Intern
Engineering | livermore, CA | 01/25/2021
Job Code: 707.2 Grad Student General Admin / 712.0 Intern Exempt
Position Type: Student Intern
Security Clearance: None (however, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have multiple openings for graduate level students and for students who received a bachelor’s or master’s degree to engage in practical research to further their educational goals. You will provide administrative hiring and onboarding support to the Hiring & Onboarding Team within the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED). This role involves developing, implementing, and documenting sustainable onboarding processes for newly hired employees. In addition, this role will also contribute to building and maintaining division-wide operation processes and tracking employee provisions for internal employees. This position is in DTED supporting the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
In this role you will
- Working alongside the DTED Hiring & Onboarding Team to provide support to new employees and facilitate onboarding process development.
- Working with administrative operations team to improve processes for tracking furniture, group office moves, and office reconfiguration projects.
- Identifying and driving efficiency in onboarding processes by proposing recommendations, developing process improvement strategies, and documenting results.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand and implement solutions to cross-departmental onboarding needs.
- Executing comprehensive communication strategy to strengthen new hire adjustment and engagement.
- Assisting administrative staff with various projects and activities and providing advanced support to staff with limited supervision.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing a graduate degree or has completed their bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business, Communications, Web Design, or a related field.
Advanced experience working with personal computers and familiarity with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Advanced experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment to understand and identify operational inefficiencies.
Advanced experience applying business principles to solve complex problems.
Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills and work in a team.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience hiring and/or onboarding new team members, staff, or employees into an organization.
- Experience developing communication content across various channels.
- Experience implementing program development strategies.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now Referral