'Fun With Science' is just a field trip away
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory's Discovery Center provides visitors with a window into state-of-the-art research programs, computational capabilities and experimental tools.
Teachers and students are invited to participate in Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s Fun With Science Field Trips, provided free of charge to local elementary schools. The program, specifically designed for fifth grade classes, is offered on Monday through Friday mornings during the school year. One class at a time is scheduled to provide ample opportunity for active student engagement.
During the field trip, students will enjoy a combination of science displays, group activities and hands-on experiments. Activities are matched to fifth grade California State Science Standards.
Fun With Science Field Trips for Fifth Grade Classes
9 to 10 a.m. — Tour of the Laboratory’s Discovery Center: Students experience numerous science and technology displays and play our “Discovery Center” game.
10 to 11:30 a.m. — Fun With Science: Students participate in experiments performed by a Lab scientist to reinforce basic concepts about electricity, chemistry, density, air pressure and states of matter.
Registration for the 2018-2019 academic year will open in late May.
- The Discovery Center hours: The Discovery Center is open Tuesday through Friday, from 1 to 4 p.m.
- The Discovery Center is located off Greenville Road on Eastgate Drive.
- Call 925-423-3272 for more information about the Discovery Center.
- Reserve a Family Fun With Science field trip date. Seeflier.pdf
- Attend "Fun With Science for Fifth Grade Classes" (Jan.-June). Send an superscience [at] llnl.gov (email) for reservations.