Archived News Releases are no longer maintained. Click here for recent News Releases.
|Contact: LLNL Public Affairs Office
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 11, 2001
Laboratory Response to Terrorist Emergency
- UPDATE: The Laboratory remains open for essential functions under enhanced security operations.
- Truck deliveries are being searched before acceptance.
- Security checks have been moved to the outer perimeter.
- Security force is at a heightened security level.
- South Mall area is closed to public access.
- We have no reason to believe that the Laboratory or its employees have been targeted.
- The Emergency Management Center has been activated as a precautionary measure, and to coordinate communications and security activities.
- Non-essential employees may go home and return to work tomorrow, unless otherwise notified.
- Measures are under way to determine the welfare of Laboratory employees on travel and arrange for their safe return.
- UPDATE: The Laboratory Visitors Center will be closed today.
- UPDATE: The Labs National Atmospheric Release Advisory Center. remains on alert, monitoring the two areas for 24 hours, ready to make calculations should they be required to do so.