Five out of the top 10 Physics of Plasma (PoP) papers for all time have LLNL researchers as first authors and co-authors.
This recognition by the scientific community is strongly indicative of LLNL's signature core competencies in plasma physics and high-energy-density science.
The five LLNL-authored papers in the Physics of Plasmas' "top 10 list" are:
- J. Lindl, "Development of the indirect-drive approach to inertial confinement fusion and the target physics basis for ignition and gain." Phys. Plasmas 2 , 3933 (1995); (92 pages), cited 796 times.
- M Tabak, J Hammer, M.E. Glinsky, W.L. Kruer, S.C. Wilks, J Woodworth, E.M. Campbell, M.D. Perry, and R.J. Mason, "Ignition and high gain with ultrapowerful lasers." Phys. Plasmas 1 , 1626 (1994); (9 pages), cited 664 times.
- S.P. Hatchett, C.G. Brown, T..E. Cowan, E.A. Henry, J.S. Johnson, M.H. Key, J.A. Koch, A.B.Langdon, B.F. Lasinski, R.W. Lee, A.J. Mackinnon, D.M. Pennington, M.D. Perry, T.W. Phillips, M.Roth, et al., "Electron, photon, and ion beams from the relativistic interaction of Petawatt laser pulses with solid targets." Phys. Plasmas 7 , 2076 (2000); (7 pages), cited 419 times.
- S. C. Wilks, A. B. Langdon, T. E. Cowan, M. Roth, M. Singh, S. Hatchett, M. H. Key, D. Pennington, A. MacKinnon, and R. A. Snavely, "Energetic proton generation in ultra-intense laser-solid interactions." Phys. Plasmas 8 , 542 (2001); (8 pages), cited 415 times.
- A. M. Dimits, G. Bateman, M. A. Beer, B. I. Cohen, W. Dorland, G. W. Hammett, C. Kim, J. E. Kinsey, M. Kotschenreuther, A. H. Kritz, L. L. Lao, J. Mandrekas, W. M. Nevins, S. E. Parker, A. J. Redd, et al., "Comparisons and physics basis of tokamak transport models and turbulence simulations." Phys. Plasmas 7 , 969 (2000); (15 pages), cited 380 times.
For a full list, go to the Scitation Website.