Refine Search Clear All
Electronics Fabrication and Installation Supervisor - Active Clearance Required
Engineering | livermore, CA | 05/02/2022
Job Code: 390.1 Supervisor / 390.2 Senior Supervisor
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for Supervisors in the Electronics Fabrication and Installation Group (EF&I). The successful candidates will be a part-time supervisor and may have up to 75% technical responsibilities in support of major programs (National Ignition Facility (NIF), Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI), and Global Security (GS). The successful candidates will interact regularly with the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) Superintendent, Division Leader, Section Leaders and other Engineering Supervisors as well as with LLNL Procurement and program managers and/or technical contacts, project engineers, scientists, outside agencies/organizations, administrative, and technical personnel throughout the programs, facilities, divisions, and departments. These positions are in NSED within the Engineering Directorate reporting to the NSED Superintendent.
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide direct administrative supervision of work center personnel including establishing work procedures, setting priorities, making daily work assignments, writing performance appraisals, career development, training, salary, ranking, promotion recommendations, and disciplinary issues.
- Direct significant electronics fabrication and network infrastructure assembly, maintenance, installation, research and/or development operations.
- Develop and implement strategic work center planning including QA, workflow processes, tools and equipment acquisition/repair/maintenance, workforce, and budgetary management.
- Interface closely with LLNL program technical contacts, project engineers, and scientists with frequent technical interactions outside of the work unit and at times external to LLNL.
- Analyze and interpret complex administrative, technical information and project objectives to translate them into job requirements and concepts, implementing solutions and alternate approaches to solve complex problems.
- Interface with other NSED, Engineering, or institutional capabilities to provide broad, integrated solutions to best serve programmatic needs.
- Make decisions using a high degree of independent discretion and judgment and resolve multi¬ project/program requirements through negotiations.
- Provide general oversight and personal commitment to the goals of Integrated Safety Management, Integrated Safeguards and Security Management, compliance with all ES&H regulations, good business practices, diversity, and equal opportunity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 390.2 level
- Provide highly advanced oversight and supervision to plan, direct, coordinate, and review highly complex projects.
- Analyze and interpret highly complex administrative, technical information and project objectives to translate them into job requirements and concepts, implementing solutions and alternate approaches to solve complex problems.
- Direct highly advanced electronics fabrication and network infrastructure assembly, maintenance, installation, research and/or development operations.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in electronics technology, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced ability to provide strong technical leadership to a multidisciplinary team driven toward a commitment to technical, operational, and customer service excellence.
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience with electronic fabrication and/or network infrastructure project planning, estimating, assembly, and installation operations, including IPC standards for fabrication and/or BICSI standards for network infrastructure.
- Advanced skills and abilities in technical coordination of complex projects including project planning, budgeting, and workforce planning.
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in solving complex problems in a multi-tasked environment.
- Advanced verbal, written, feedback and presentation communication skills and team building skills at all levels of the organization (i.e. work group, supervisors, and management).
Additional qualifications at the 390.2 level
- Highly advanced ability to utilize technical experience planning, interpreting, and reviewing highly complex work of others.
- Highly advanced verbal, written, feedback, and presentation communication skills.
- Highly advanced technical leadership skills.
Qualifications We Desire
- Supervisory experience including performance and personnel management.
- Familiar with Engineering Service Centers production control system (COSMOS) relative to job planning, estimating, scheduling, and routing.
- Experience with Engineering Service Center budget planning and management.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 quality management system.
- Strong working knowledge of LLNL work control and safety policies and procedures.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.