Refine Search Clear All
Modernization Program Business Analyst
Engineering | livermore, CA | 02/24/2022
Job Code: E01.1 Business Analyst 1 / E01.2 Business Analyst 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for Business Analysts to support the Modernization Programs (MPs). You will be supporting the MP Project Engineers and the engineering system Team Leads. The scope of work of Business Analysts is focused on improvement and sustainment of MP technical and business processes. These efforts span areas to include elements of how the MPs perform, track, and communicate their work scope, and execute team management and organization. As improvement initiatives are implemented, you will assist in the ongoing sustainment of those initiatives. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate in support of the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Assist in gathering project documentation to be archived per NAP 401.1 and WCI/WTE quality requirements.
- Support the efforts for the system team technical review action item database to ensure all action items are added, tracked, and reported out on a regular basis.
- Monitor engineering leaderships taskings to include internal and external deliverables and tracking of milestones to ensure responsible parties are completing activities on time.
- Gather performance data, perform preliminary analysis and assist in making recommendations that may include schedule variance analysis and preparation of recovery or corrective action plans.
- Perform SharePoint site administration and maintain organized shared document structures.
- Communicate effectively between leadership and the larger engineering team.
- Assist in the development of programmatic documents such as reports, decision memos, external responses, and action items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the E01.2 level
- Participate in defining, automating, and improving new and existing business processes and workflows. Conduct assessments of current processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Research and prepare SharePoint content, in addition to documentation for user guides, training manuals, and process checklists.
- Prepare project documentation to be archived per NAP 401.1 and WCI/WTE quality requirements.
- Contribute to schedule, cost or process implementation.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associate degree in Business or Technology area, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of classified document control, email, and computing procedures.
- Experience in project management and applying related practices, standards, and processes.
- Experience coordinating work flow activities in a dynamic work environment and ability to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Experience effectively applying good judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills to identify solutions and resolve issues.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a technical support environment, collaborating with others, and recommending process improvements.
- Effective organizational skills, customer support, task prioritization, attention to detail, accuracy, and independent follow through.
- Ability to communicate clear expectations on project and process activities, as well as assist in the facilitation of business process improvements.
- Ability to learn new software applications.
Additional qualifications at the E01.2 level
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology area or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting data for documenting functional needs and constraints.
- Proficiency in working effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a technical support environment using computer systems to manage complex data collections.
- Advanced experience using MS Office business applications and web-based collaborative platforms, such as SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, Visio. Experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working in the nuclear weapons program and with LLNL’s operations and business processes.
- Knowledge of NNSA’s Defense Programs Business Process Systems and NAP-401.1.
- Experience creating standard and ad-hoc reports.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.