Refine Search Clear All
Liferay Full Stack Developer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 09/14/2022
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an experienced Software Engineer to design, develop and support LLNL’s employee portal and websites platform. This position is in the Digital Experience and Search group within the Information Technology Solutions division within the Computing Directorate in support of the LivIT program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide Liferay DXP software application engineering and maintenance for all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, implementation, automated testing and support.
- Generate functional requirements, develop architectural design documentation, provide status for project tracking activities, and prototype where appropriate.
- Deploy software following an agile design methodology to be secure, free of vulnerabilities, and componentized for ease of maintenance.
- Provide analysis and innovative methods to enhance and extend the product services to customers.
- Develop technical artifacts to support proposals, architecture, and application code base.
- Provide knowledge sharing with team members and/or mentoring in application design and business processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.3 level
- Lead complex system and process analysis efforts to provide original solutions to customers’ complex problems.
- Lead highly advanced analysis and implementation projects.
- Architect and develop complex custom Liferay solutions.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or engineering related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive experience with Java EE development, Liferay DXP, Service Builder, Portlets, JSP, JS, JQuery, HTML5, and Bootstrap.
- Experience writing DML and DDL with relational database management systems (e.g., Oracle, MySQL).
- Experience with agile development and methodology.
- Broad experience troubleshooting software issues and providing technical support.
- Experience with software development lifecycle, version controls and issue tracking tools.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities, approach difficult problems with enthusiasm and creativity and ability to change focus when necessary.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Advanced knowledge of Liferay DXP Frameworks including themes, service builder, portlets, components.
- Experience with software quality assurance methodologies.
- Significant experience with full stack development creating custom Liferay modules.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with developing Liferay DXP themes, page fragments and mobile layouts.
- Experience with developing segmentations, and user experiences.
- Experience with Liferay DXP deployments and upgrades.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.