Refine Search Clear All
Sidney Fernbach Postdoctoral Fellow
Postdoctoral/Fellowship | livermore, CA | 09/14/2022
Job Code: PDS.4 Lawrence Fellow Post Doc
Position Type: Post Doctoral
Security Clearance: None (however, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We are looking for a Sidney Fernbach Postdoctoral Fellowship candidate in the Computing Sciences. This fellowship is a prestigious postdoctoral position that will be awarded to one candidate with exceptional talent, scientific track record, and potential for significant achievements in computational mathematics, scientific computing, computer science, and/or data science. Details of the fellowship may be found at https://computing.llnl.gov/fernbach. You will have the freedom to pursue your own original research in one or more aspects of computing sciences. You will work in a cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research environment with accomplished researchers with access to Livermore Computing’s world-class HPC environment. Position will be closed to applicants after October 28, 2022.
In this role you will
- Conduct original and independent research in the computing sciences.
- Report research results in LLNL seminars and in the major scientific conferences.
- Publish research results in refereed journals.
- Interact with a broad spectrum of scientists internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related computational science and engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated creativity, exceptional ability, and superior knowledge in the computing sciences.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct original and independent research through a proven track record of scientific accomplishment.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact with a multidisciplinary research team, author technical and scientific reports and papers, and deliver technical presentations.
- Experience writing reports, publications and proposals.
- Demonstrated potential for technical leadership.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of extension to a maximum of three years. Eligible candidates are those who have been awarded a PhD at time of hire date.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
None required. However, if your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.) For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now