Refine Search Clear All
Unified Communications & Collaboration Engineer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 08/24/2022
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Unified Communications & Collaboration Engineer. You will work independently as a technical expert on a collaborative team, focused on the successful implementation of the Microsoft and Cisco Collaborative Suite of products at LLNL in support of the larger National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex. This position is in the Enterprise Infrastructure Services Division (EIS), in support of the LivIT Program, in the Computing Directorate.
Business needs dictate that this position requires an on-site presence multiple days a week. Therefore, telecommuting options will be limited.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide day to day operational guidance and support for Skype for Business, Cisco Expressway, Cisco Meeting Server (CMS), and Video Teleconferencing Equipment (e.g., Cisco, Poly, etc.).
- Develop and deploy Collaborative services (Instant Messaging, VoIP, Web Conferencing, Video Conferencing), SLAs, Change Management, RCA, Incidents (P1/P2) and Voice Documentation (KB Articles, SOP, etc.).
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Engage with technical staff to contribute to the technical strategy and design to meet business needs.
- Implement enterprise services and provide system support in and enterprise computing environments.
- Diagnose and resolve moderately complex VoIP/video/web conferencing and/or web application sharing system problems.
- Work collaboratively with a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to work under limited direction with a moderate degree of maturity, discretion, and judgment.
- Perform occasional work outside normal business hours to provide support for operations and maintenance. Work location will be balanced between on-site and remote work as job duties demand.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the SES.3 Level
- Architect, build, implement and maintain and/or support integrated Unified Communications and Collaboration environments with a high-level of technical expertise.
- Architect and deploy Collaborative Edge Services (e.g., Skype for Business Edge Servers, Cisco Expressways, Instant Message Federation, Web Connectivity, etc.).
- Develop complex operational scripts using PowerShell or equivalent language to automate operational tasks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more of the following: Microsoft Skype, Teams, Cisco Jabber, Cisco CMS, Video Teleconferencing, WebEx or equivalent platforms.
- Success in performing work and contributing to complex and/or large projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Audio Video ports, networking, QoS, ports and protocols.
- Experience developing automation to solve operational tasks using PowerShell or equivalent language.
- Proficiency in authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents.
- Broad experience in eliciting requirements and communicating clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
Additional Qualifications at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced experience with Windows Server administration and/or configuration, Skype for Business Enterprise Voice or Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Experience deploying Skype for Business Edge Servers or Cisco Expressways for Instant Messaging Federation.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Meeting Server and available APIs.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.